Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account

4 0 0

I'm so angry about this!
"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account".

Thanks Shopify for basically freezing my payments on small business Saturday and NO phone number to call and resolve.

So disappointed that I cannot speak to a human on the phone to get this resolved.

HELP!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 110 157

Hi, @ff1,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you, but do you have an open ticket with the team that I can query with them for you?

Or were you asked to submit some documents within your admin? This may just be a standard review that our banking partners have requested, and they want some information to verify your account.

But if you do have an open ticket I will be able to request this update, but also, if you do not have a ticket, if you can share a screenshot of what you see, that will also assist me.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, and I will assist you further.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Hank.

Here's my ticket # 21030471

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 110 157

Thank you for sharing that.

I spoke with the accounts team about this, who confirmed that the banking partners have asked for a standard review of the account. So what the team has done, has asked for the required information, which you can upload via the admin.

Once you upload your documents, the information will be sent to the banking partners, and the accounts team may reach out to you if they require anything further, or if there are any issues with your documents. While there is no timeframe I can share, the sooner the documents get uploaded, the sooner the banking partners can process this, and you will see the banner change within your admin.

Note that this review does not impact your store in terms of new orders placed, and is just the banking partners looking to verify some information.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for your help Hank.

Yeah, completely ridiculous that this is a standard review and the most inopportune time. I am currently switching my platform all around and Shopify will no longer get my money. 
It's great that I can still accept payments, because Shopify will still get their fees and so will the banks! So the small business owener is the one who is paralyzed by this.

SO UNHAPPY and ANGRY at Shopify. Whether or not it's Shopify directly, or a banking partner, Shopify cannot claim this is not it's fault. You are both the same.
Atleast you still get your fees from me.... as I sit here helpless.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 110 157

I completely understand the situation this has put you in, and I myself as an Entrepreneur have been there.

It is, however, out of Shopify's hands as we are not a bank, and it is just the bank asking for verification essentially. While I know that your frustration is directed at Shopify, it is sadly something I cannot assist with as much as I would like to.

Yesterday when we last spoke, I had further prioritized your case to help speed things up on our end if at all possible, so once you submit those documents, we will certainly do all we can on our end, but as I mentioned, the banking partners would have their own authentication process.

Honestly, I am sad to hear that you are considering leaving the platform, I assure you that your store can still accept incoming orders, and once the review has passed, all of your funds will be released, as this is your money, and Shopify wants you to receive it.

I do genuinely hope that this issue is resolved for you soon, and that you managed to submit the documents requested.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Is there any way to expedite this? It's still frozen. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 110 157

I spoke with the team about this and they advised me that the review was completed exactly at 2020-12-01, 5:51 pm (UTC).

So you should see within your admin that the banner has disappeared, and your payouts have resumed as normal.

But let me know if you need anything else.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND SHOPIFY. MY PAYOUTS HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR OVER 35 DAYS AND I CANT SEEM TO GET THE RIGHT HELP NO MATTER HOW MANY SHOPIFY SUPPORT TEAM AGENTS I REACH OUT TOO.. 

A MONTH AGO AN RISK TEAM PARTNER PUT MY PAYOUTS ON HOLD BECAUSE OF AN EMAIL SENT TO ME REGARDING WAYS TO PREVENT CHARGEBACKS... MY ACCOUNT WAS SET TO BE UNLOCKED ONCE I RESPONDED TO THAT EMAIL... LONG STORY SHORT I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THE INITIAL EMAIL, OVER 10 AGENTS COPY AND PASTED THE EMAIL TO ME AND I HAVE RESPONDED COUNTLESS KF TIMES

BUT STILL GET NO RESPONSE, AT ALL!! MY ACCOUNT IS STILL ON HOLD I HAVE A LUMPSOME OF MONEY I CANNOT TOUCH, AND HAVE BEEN RECIEVING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HELP IT MAKES NO SENSE !!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
957 110 157

Thank you for reaching out on the Community forums about this, @Indiyah1.

Firstly I want to apologize for the support you have received and the fact the issue is still outstanding, this is not what we like to hear, and your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to improve our service going forward. 

Based on what you have said, it seems like there are a couple of issues, which may be a part of the reason it is taking so long. Once your payouts are an issue, that is when the banking partners are requesting information as per their own authentication methods. This may require multiple documents and can be a slow turnaround time as we have no control over their timeframes. As Shopify is not a bank, your payouts are temporarily on hold by the banks, until the process has been completed, and your payouts then resume as normal.

However, it sounds like you are dealing with a secondary issue of not having access to an email account, which again can cause greater impacts on your resolution time, as it requires multiple teams to investigate and ensure that your information and data is secure. After all, that is our priority, ensuring your sensitive data is safe and protected.

While I may not be able to request any real concrete update, this is the first time I've come across your case and I'd like to provide assistance in any way I can. Would you be able to provide a ticket number that I can query with the team for you and get the latest update?

The reason why the likes of the advisors on general support, on the Forums, or social media cannot advise of an update, is simply as I said, for your security. The escalated team have different access to your site, that we would not have, but we know this can lead to frustration on your end.

I do always advise merchants to keep their responses to the email they have, as this is already assigned to the escalated team dealing with your issue.

Again I want to thank you for your feedback, but let me know your ticket number and while it may not be anything concrete, I'll try to get the latest update for you.

0 Likes