Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account

ff1
Tourist
4 0 12

I'm so angry about this!
"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account".

Thanks Shopify for basically freezing my payments on small business Saturday and NO phone number to call and resolve.

So disappointed that I cannot speak to a human on the phone to get this resolved.

HELP!!!

Replies 56 (56)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @ff1,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you, but do you have an open ticket with the team that I can query with them for you?

Or were you asked to submit some documents within your admin? This may just be a standard review that our banking partners have requested, and they want some information to verify your account.

But if you do have an open ticket I will be able to request this update, but also, if you do not have a ticket, if you can share a screenshot of what you see, that will also assist me.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, and I will assist you further.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

WWH
Tourist
3 0 3

Going through the same thing as we speak, sent info excel import from SHIPPO showing lot of these orders fulfilled and yet can't get a response. I have customers waiting for their product and cannot purchase labels. If you are going to place a hold on funds, make accommodations for folks who use your platform to run their business.  You don't freeze or hold funds in times like this during holiday season when consumers are waiting for their product. It simply makes no sense. My cousin went through this and what was the downfall of his business. A class action suit may correct your guys . Get these risk analyst phone lines so we can talk directly to them to resolve simple issues instead of holding funds and they pick and choose when to respond. Highly disappointed and unacceptable.

Roshile8
Tourist
8 0 4

Screenshot_20230118_201826_Shopify.jpg

Roshile8
Tourist
8 0 4

My account is also on hold. Spoke with someone in the chat, and they claim they can't tell me a time frame of when this will be resolved. I was never notified to send anything for verification for this hold to happen, and I have 2 step authentication active. This is ridiculous. 

MBotanicals1
Tourist
5 0 5

Cryptic message from Shopify that doesn't mean anything. 

Fatimi-20
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Hank, hopefully you still at Shopify and the you can assist us with our situation.

this is the current update:

Greetings to You.

@fatimi20 here again,

asking you to reconsider our Shopify Pay Access.

Here is the thing,
we reach out to Support this morning a Shopify Support Agent Suggested a troubleshoot, to get the payment go Through, to pay our Shopify Monthly Billing Circle,
we came to notice today that our Shopify account Balance have been locked; we want the why of all of this.

Our monthly plan payment is up to $39Usd without notice, because it was supposed to be $29 usd per month.!
We Set our Shopify approved bank card as default payment method to handle matters like plan payment, we have been told by Someone name (lance) at shopify support that even though our Shopify pay has been put on hold, that will not affect our use of Shopify... balance...! On our Shopify balance we have more than $500 usd, yet we are baffled understanding why the payment declined? So please assist.. and fast..!

Lance Said, (To clarify this does not affect your use of the Shopify platform to run your online business, it specifically relates to your use of Shopify Payments as a payment provider gateway.)

We really don't appreciate this way of working,
We firmly Believe that we deserve Clarity, and we want to have access to that money, and to our Shopify balance account in case we have to refund someone, or get refunded by our suppliers as well, since we used our Shopify balance card to purchase from our supplier as well in our activities, and pay Shopify plan for exemple.

our ticket is as follow:  The ticket number is 37733103.

and are also experiencing Shopify balance freeze while we.

Any Help?

Muzammail5130
Visitor
1 0 0

hi i am facing the same issue can you please help me out i haven received any notification yet

MBotanicals1
Tourist
5 0 5

I have an open ticket, Hank. It's been open for two days with no activity from Shopify and no answer whatsoever on what needs to be verified. 

Glennshen
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Mine is the same, my account is under review and my payouts got on-hold for 10 whole days, during there is zero notification and no one ever contacted me. I contact shopify support and can offer no help, they only told it is reviewing by bank partner and need 2-3 days. But the fact is  it has been 10 days already. what a Joke

CampanulaDesign
Excursionist
13 0 19

Has yours been resolved yet? Mine were put on hold Nov 24th with last payout on November 23rd. This during Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. I submitted the requested documentation within 24 hours but my emails are either ignored or I get a standard "we're reaching out to our banking partners" message. I supposedly violated Terms of Service by selling wine - which I have a license to do. Not a peep for 4 years but suddenly the day before Black Friday payouts on hold. It's seriously impacting my business and I cannot get anyone at Shopify to give me any info. Very punitive practice. 

Maggielee
Shopify Partner
9 1 2

i am facing the same issue, but I haven't received an email yet. Could you please tell me what document did they required? 

belyrahelp
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey Hank, saw some of your responses and knew you knew what you were talking about. Recently we’ve been been scaling up our store and putting 100% into it. That may have not been the smartest since our shopify payouts are now on hold and we are getting this message “Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account”. Because of this we now have the majority of our funds stuck in our Shopify balance, and after seeing what other people, with the same problem, had to say, it isn’t looking promising to say the least. Could you please assist us with this, we’d be extremely grateful, and if you need our email you can contact us at belyrahelp@gmail.com. Right now we have some outstanding bills and need to fulfil customer orders so your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jewelrydesign21
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem and I'm trying to figure out why my account is under review when all my payments go through fine and my bank is a federal bank so no problems there. 

Maggielee
Shopify Partner
9 1 2

Hi Hank,

I’ve been on hold for my Shopify payment payouts for more than 2 weeks, i was told by the Shopify support agent that i will receive an email from the payment team in 3 business days. However, it's been 2 weeks, i haven't receive any email from them. This is desperate, i need my money, i need to pay the supplier, could you please help? ticket number: 44497919, Thank you!!

Maggielee
Shopify Partner
9 1 2

Please ignore my message, problem was solved

snowsakacold
Tourist
3 0 0

I'm Facing the same issue no email they said there sending the email, I need to get this resolved asap how long before you received the email, 

ticket

Maggielee
Shopify Partner
9 1 2

About 3 weeks, i received an email saying that the review was completed and the payout was back to normal

snowsakacold
Tourist
3 0 0

what in the world this is terrible turn around time for such a large business, wish I knew this prior hopefully a higher up sees this and can help me out. As I need to get this done asap we have alot of business expenses coming up

B_Arnold
Visitor
2 0 0

Have you heard anything back from them? This happened to me last week with no warning and the most I've been able to get out of Shopify is one chat response. This is the absolute worst I've ever been treated by an e-commerce platform.

beenupp
Visitor
2 0 0
my account was closed

Yanni7
Visitor
1 0 0

If you don’t mind, how was your problem solved ? 

Jason77827
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Hank I’m having the same issue, can you please check into my ticket ? I need the payouts to fulfil my orders and this hold only prolongs my delivery times ! Ticket ID: f327c1fb-dc1f-4723-9ad0-52a288423d5c

B_Arnold
Visitor
2 0 0

It looks like Hank hasn't posted here since 2020. I'm not seeing where anyone from Shopify has posted in awhile either. I'm currently in the same boat with no timeline or solid info. Hope yours gets sorted soon!

secujski_d
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, have you found a solution? I tried to contact Hank but without success. Is there anyone else in the Shopify Staff who could help us with this problem?

Captjoeslures
Visitor
1 0 0

My account has been in review status for over three weeks. This is absolutely uncalled for. I have had no requests for additional information, documents, or anything other than a response of "our team is working on it." It's been almost a month!!! I have send demands of escalation three times now, still no response. 

Jalil1337
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Hank,

Hope you doing wonderful,

46796405 Is my ticket number , They put it on hold for no reason, Please help me out with getting it out as I have to pay salaries to my team before Ramadan ends...

ff1
Tourist
4 0 12

Hi Hank.

Here's my ticket # 21030471

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for sharing that.

I spoke with the accounts team about this, who confirmed that the banking partners have asked for a standard review of the account. So what the team has done, has asked for the required information, which you can upload via the admin.

Once you upload your documents, the information will be sent to the banking partners, and the accounts team may reach out to you if they require anything further, or if there are any issues with your documents. While there is no timeframe I can share, the sooner the documents get uploaded, the sooner the banking partners can process this, and you will see the banner change within your admin.

Note that this review does not impact your store in terms of new orders placed, and is just the banking partners looking to verify some information.

ff1
Tourist
4 0 12

Thanks for your help Hank.

Yeah, completely ridiculous that this is a standard review and the most inopportune time. I am currently switching my platform all around and Shopify will no longer get my money. 
It's great that I can still accept payments, because Shopify will still get their fees and so will the banks! So the small business owener is the one who is paralyzed by this.

SO UNHAPPY and ANGRY at Shopify. Whether or not it's Shopify directly, or a banking partner, Shopify cannot claim this is not it's fault. You are both the same.
Atleast you still get your fees from me.... as I sit here helpless.

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

I completely understand the situation this has put you in, and I myself as an Entrepreneur have been there.

It is, however, out of Shopify's hands as we are not a bank, and it is just the bank asking for verification essentially. While I know that your frustration is directed at Shopify, it is sadly something I cannot assist with as much as I would like to.

Yesterday when we last spoke, I had further prioritized your case to help speed things up on our end if at all possible, so once you submit those documents, we will certainly do all we can on our end, but as I mentioned, the banking partners would have their own authentication process.

Honestly, I am sad to hear that you are considering leaving the platform, I assure you that your store can still accept incoming orders, and once the review has passed, all of your funds will be released, as this is your money, and Shopify wants you to receive it.

I do genuinely hope that this issue is resolved for you soon, and that you managed to submit the documents requested.

ff1
Tourist
4 0 12

Is there any way to expedite this? It's still frozen. 

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

I spoke with the team about this and they advised me that the review was completed exactly at 2020-12-01, 5:51 pm (UTC).

So you should see within your admin that the banner has disappeared, and your payouts have resumed as normal.

But let me know if you need anything else.

beenupp
Visitor
2 0 0

my store has recieved a hold and says its standard how can I access my funds kid of having a hard time understandning

Sugaryc
Visitor
1 0 0

I was wondering if someone can assist us with this. We are sad since today we opened our office and hired a tan  due to our sales taking off. 
we want to provide any information required to remove this hold since must chargebacks we ever receive are from fraudulent orders that come in.

the banner says an email was sent to us however with did not receive one.

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @Sugaryc !

We'd be happy to help with this. As mentioned in previous posts, payout holds are generally standard procedure and are in place for account reviewal. If the banner you're seeing says you should have received an email, I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with our team directly so we an take a closer look into this with you. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Indiyah1
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi, why are my payouts on hold ?
MBotanicals1
Tourist
5 0 5

That response is unacceptable, Oliver. Standard business practice is to notify store owners BEFORE putting payments on hold, giving them reasonable time and reasonable access to provide the verification details. 

snowsakacold
Tourist
3 0 0

Yes I've tried contacting support the last 2 days I have not received any emails and no one is getting back to me this is really frustrating and a lot of money to just be in the air ticket #44881811 please help asap

Indiyah1
Tourist
6 0 1

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND SHOPIFY. MY PAYOUTS HAVE BEEN ON HOLD FOR OVER 35 DAYS AND I CANT SEEM TO GET THE RIGHT HELP NO MATTER HOW MANY SHOPIFY SUPPORT TEAM AGENTS I REACH OUT TOO.. 

A MONTH AGO AN RISK TEAM PARTNER PUT MY PAYOUTS ON HOLD BECAUSE OF AN EMAIL SENT TO ME REGARDING WAYS TO PREVENT CHARGEBACKS... MY ACCOUNT WAS SET TO BE UNLOCKED ONCE I RESPONDED TO THAT EMAIL... LONG STORY SHORT I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THE INITIAL EMAIL, OVER 10 AGENTS COPY AND PASTED THE EMAIL TO ME AND I HAVE RESPONDED COUNTLESS KF TIMES

BUT STILL GET NO RESPONSE, AT ALL!! MY ACCOUNT IS STILL ON HOLD I HAVE A LUMPSOME OF MONEY I CANNOT TOUCH, AND HAVE BEEN RECIEVING THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HELP IT MAKES NO SENSE !!!!

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for reaching out on the Community forums about this, @Indiyah1.

Firstly I want to apologize for the support you have received and the fact the issue is still outstanding, this is not what we like to hear, and your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be used to improve our service going forward. 

Based on what you have said, it seems like there are a couple of issues, which may be a part of the reason it is taking so long. Once your payouts are an issue, that is when the banking partners are requesting information as per their own authentication methods. This may require multiple documents and can be a slow turnaround time as we have no control over their timeframes. As Shopify is not a bank, your payouts are temporarily on hold by the banks, until the process has been completed, and your payouts then resume as normal.

However, it sounds like you are dealing with a secondary issue of not having access to an email account, which again can cause greater impacts on your resolution time, as it requires multiple teams to investigate and ensure that your information and data is secure. After all, that is our priority, ensuring your sensitive data is safe and protected.

While I may not be able to request any real concrete update, this is the first time I've come across your case and I'd like to provide assistance in any way I can. Would you be able to provide a ticket number that I can query with the team for you and get the latest update?

The reason why the likes of the advisors on general support, on the Forums, or social media cannot advise of an update, is simply as I said, for your security. The escalated team have different access to your site, that we would not have, but we know this can lead to frustration on your end.

I do always advise merchants to keep their responses to the email they have, as this is already assigned to the escalated team dealing with your issue.

Again I want to thank you for your feedback, but let me know your ticket number and while it may not be anything concrete, I'll try to get the latest update for you.

Indiyah1
Tourist
6 0 1
Um... it’s a chargeback case telling me how to prevent them with my
customers... nothing that has to do with me they didn’t request any
documentation at all . And it’s not really complicated, the only
complicated thing is having to re tell the story with out getting it
resolved . I changed my email with no problem . The problem is after
noticing I couldn’t get into my email a shopify agent helped by copying and
pasting the email that I needed which said “ YOUR PAYOUTS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL
U REPLY TO this MESSAGE “ I’ve replied an ample amount of times... idk if
it’s not getting seen because it isn’t my initial email, idk if y’all are
adding the risk team to the ticket??, idk if y’all are just reading the
many emails I sent and not responding ???? I DONT KNOW
but it’s frustrating and I have a HUGE project coming up in less than 4
days now I’m thinking about just shutting this down and starting at square
space.... this is the ticket number

*20942329*.

And about the ticket number I have over 3. This is the most recent
Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Thank you for sharing your ticket number, and for the additional context.

I was able to see the case history, and I can certainly see the frustration it caused. It did initially start with chargebacks, which led to the banking partners wanting to conduct a review, but then I also see the issue with the email, which led to another team looking into the case, which caused a further delay with this.

Now what I have done for you is I've raised your case for an urgent review from the analyst assigned to your case and advised them that I have spoken with you regarding this on the Community Forums. While I am not able to advise of a timeframe, all I can say is that this will be top of the analyst's priority once they come online next, and we should have a clearer idea of the status of the payouts.

I certainly apologize for this delay and can assure you that this will be addressed shortly by the team, and then your payouts can resume as normal once everything has been confirmed as resolved. Additionally, I have sent your feedback regarding this, as I said this is very important to us as we strive to improve and hold high regard with our Merchants.

Thank you for your patience, and please allow us to try to resolve this for you and recover your faith in Shopify.

GlamedbyLayy16
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, my Shopify account keep saying to update my tax details and I have but it keeps popping up saying that and my account also keep saying that my Shopify payment payouts are on hold until review 

Indiyah1
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi why are my payouts on hold ?
Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hi, @Indiyah1. Thanks for reaching out about this. I understand why you’re concerned, so let’s look into it so we can get you your money!

Generally, when payouts are on hold it’s a temporary hold that’s due to your account undergoing a standard review. The review is to ensure the safety and security of both your account, and Shopify. Therefore, you should have received an email notifying you of the next steps required so that your payouts can resume. Please take a look in your email inbox for this email. I recommend also checking your spam/junk folder, as sometimes emails coming from Shopify are known to get directed there.

Once you find the email, please follow the instructions or advice given. If you have any questions about the content, replying directly back to the email will put you in touch with the Analyst doing your review, and so they will be the best person to discuss it with.

However, if you have not received an email, then we certainly need to look into this for you to figure out what’s going on. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. At this time, we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, so we’d gladly continue to assist you with this through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Help Center, and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. But, please let me know if you have any other concerns. Thanks!

MBotanicals1
Tourist
5 0 5

Review without putting payments on hold, Helen. This makes no sense. 

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @GlamedbyLayy16 !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

Account reviews are pretty normal procedure for businesses that use Shopify Payments. Our Business Operations team will request information to verify you and your business to reduce fraudulent activity on the platform. While a hold impedes your ability to be paid, it shouldn't stop you from accepting new orders (unless otherwise stated on the banner in your admin). 

• If you have been provided with the option to upload documents, then you will want to do so as soon as you're able. Making sure you provide all the requested documents, ensuring they are clear, and showing the full document (no edges or corners cut off). Documents will be reviewed within 1-3 business days. 
  • If no document upload option appears, then your banner likely states to contact support. In that case, you will need to reach out to our Support teams so they can escalate your Account. 

In this case it sounds like a reviewal process has been initiated. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. From there we'd be happy to double check your status and make sure everything is moving in the right direction.

Warm regards!

Orrett
Visitor
3 0 2

Is this For real? My payout is on hold wth is going on ? Like y’all be getting some horrible reviews I shouldn’t sign up for this!

I need my pay out! Someone needs to verify this!

Indiyah1
Tourist
6 0 1
Why are my payouts on hold after multiple payments made to you guys???