Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging and there isn't anything you can do about it

Highlighted
1 0 0

What competitors do you guys recommend as we are currently new to the business market and would definitely like to sell through Instagram in the near future.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello Grow..

I am also having the same issue... Tried everything else still no progress... will you also be able to help me as well?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i NEED HELP WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.  please contact me if you think you can resolve this issue.  Thank you.

promericaapparel@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

i too need urgent help as i wish to sell and promote directly through instagram, please do help.

0 Likes
2 0 0

This is the solution I found helped me!!!

So I did all the steps from this post (this post is outdated btw but I still did it making sure that everything is in order anyway)

https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

I still got denied after that - and I tried removing both Facebook shop and instagram shopping as well AGAIN and AGAIN. If you get stuck in a loop, clear your cache before adding any sales channel again.

If you've done all the steps there, you now go back to Catalogue Manager.

Now, there will be multiple catalogues there - you have to make sure the one active is Owned by YOUR BUSINESS PAGE on Facebook. Otherwise, it won't work like what was written above this reply. Then choose, Instagram Shopping to set up your instagram and you follow the prompts to change your instagram, back into a business account. On the catalogue that's active, there will be a blue "blinking" button next to the name of your Catalogue.

I hope this helps! Took me weeks to get this done and I want to share it to everyone here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue that many others are having with not being eligible for Instagram through Facebook via Shopify. Can you help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 8

@Michael112463 wrote:

I'm having the same issue that many others are having with not being eligible for Instagram through Facebook via Shopify. Can you help?

Yes, happy to help, Michael. Please send me an email at daniel@growmeow.com with Shopify + Instagram in the subject line.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI. I was wondering if you could help me fix my store as well.  my email address is markusongewellness@gmail.com. I hope I am not too late to ask for your help.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

That was my problem too. You have to uninstall instagram, disconnect facebook and instagram, change facebook to ecommerce then create a business manager and case, create a new catalog (even just 1 product) then reconnect facebook and instagram again. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 29 57

Hi, everyone!

Sophia here from Shopify. I've taken a read through all of the comments here and can see that many of you have been thorough in ensuring you've met the requirements for the Instagram sales channel and followed all of the setup steps. Thank you for your diligence! I know it can be frustrating to see that your store has been rejected for Instagram product tagging despite carefully following the process to connect the sales channel, especially because Instagram does not provide Shopify with the reason for the rejection.

I'd like to clear up some misconceptions mentioned in a few of the comments here:

1. The catalog connected to your Facebook sales channel should be your .myshopify.com catalog, and it's normal for it to be labeled as "owned" by Shopify. I do not recommend changing this, and I want to stress that the catalog being owned by Shopify is not what's preventing your store from being approved for Instagram product tagging.
  2. Instagram's decision to reject product tagging is not final. The decision can be reversed. In the Instagram app, head to Settings > Business and if you see the option there, you can apply for Instagram Shopping directly within the app as @ggdagr8 mentioned. I've done this, and the rejection error I saw in my Shopify admin disappeared once Instagram changed their decision and approved my store for product tagging. If you don't see the option to apply for Instagram Shopping, you can submit a report to Instagram. Please note that there's no need to send more than one report—spamming Instagram will not speed the process. I do not recommend submitting a report until you've absolutely exhausted all other options.

As a refresher—here are the requirements your store needs to meet to use the Instagram sales channel:

These are requirements, so you do need to meet all of them in order to be approved. In addition to these requirements, please ensure that you have a public Instagram profile. I've seen some stores mentioned here whose Instagram profiles are private. You won't be able to create a business profile for a private Instagram account, and therefore, you won't be eligible for product tagging.

One common reason that many stores are rejected from Instagram product tagging is that the Instagram account is too new or inactive. If Instagram sees that you haven't posted much, they can easily reject your application. Make sure that you're posting consistently and make a point of engaging with anyone who comments on your posts. You can also comment on other users' posts. These actions don't just help your chances of getting approved for product tagging, but they can also help to build brand recognition, get more followers on Instagram, and ultimately get more traffic to your store.

If you have reviewed and ensured that your account meets all of the requirements, followed the setup steps, ensured that your Instagram business profile is active, and you're still rejected from product tagging, you can also try the steps that Lizzy mentioned here.

Thank you so much, @growmeow_com, for helping so many merchants get properly set up for Instagram product tagging! I appreciate all the work you've put in. If anyone else here is looking for help with getting their Shopify store connected to the Instagram sales channel, please don't forget to share your .myshopify.com URL here. Share the link to your Instagram business page as well if you can, as that will give the community some insight into why your store may have been rejected.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like