Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging and there isn't anything you can do about it

Highlighted
3 0 0

I would strongly recommend using the chat support service offered here. I managed to get my items on instagram, but not all of the were showing up, so I disconnected facebook from my store to try starting from scratch. Then a few minutes after shopify linked with facebook, I'd get an email saying the were no longer linked. I spent about an hour chatting to someone who really was so helpful and thorough. I still don't really know what the issue was, but they managed to solve all of my problems and now everything works exactly as I had hoped :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
@growmeow_com I’m having a similar issue. Facebook works just great but IG won’t connect. I’ve played on the business.facebook.com side and made sure that all of my ownerships and business accounts are tied together. When I attempt to connect IG it says:
“Instagram shopping isn’t available for your account due to the following reasons:
Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements .
You need to connect a product catalog to your Instagram account.”

Any help here?
1 Like
Highlighted
10 0 0

@Justinbmcbride wrote:
@growmeow_comI’m having a similar issue. Facebook works just great but IG won’t connect. I’ve played on the business.facebook.com side and made sure that all of my ownerships and business accounts are tied together. When I attempt to connect IG it says:
“Instagram shopping isn’t available for your account due to the following reasons:
Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements .

Any help here?

You can contact me on this link I will solve your issue you can check my reviews on this link https://www.fiverr.com/msherry/set-up-facebook-shop-store-and-add-products-to-it  also I have experience of approving more than 150 instagram shop for different businesses

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
234 24 37

@mad-apple-shop wrote:

Looking for help on this as well.  Can't figure out how to get on Instagram.  Any help is appreciated.   My store URL is mad-apple-designs.myshopify.com . I can be reached via email at support@madapple.com if there is a kind soul that can help me out.

Thank you.

Mark from the Mad Apple Shop

Hey, @mad-apple-shop! Can you please share the link to your Facebook and Instagram business pages here as well? Being able to see these pages will help the Community with providing feedback for you. I didn't see either Facebook or Instagram linked on your website, but the Facebook sales channel does need to be set up before you can connect Instagram. By the way, you can add links your social channels under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme settings > Social media if you'd like to feature them in the footer of your website.

If you're positive that you've met all of the Instagram sales channel requirements, you can try applying directly through the Instagram app under Settings > Business > Sign Up for Shopping. I don't know if there's an appeal process once you're rejected after applying directly through the app, so I recommend thoroughly reviewing the sales channel requirements and ensuring that both your Facebook and Instagram business pages are published and active with consistent posts before you apply again.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
234 24 37

@rebeka wrote:

having same issue.. Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging

Hey, @rebeka

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into this issue as well. Can you share your .myshopify.com URL and the link to your Instagram business page here? I'd be happy to take a look and see if there's anything standing in the way of Instagram approving your shop for product tagging.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 0 8

@Justinbmcbride wrote:
@growmeow_comI’m having a similar issue. Facebook works just great but IG won’t connect. I’ve played on the business.facebook.com side and made sure that all of my ownerships and business accounts are tied together. When I attempt to connect IG it says:

Any help here?

Hey Justin - Those messages usually mean you're already approved but haven't connected a catalog properly. If it's a Shopify catalog, that just means your FB page, ad account, and Instagram account need to be Administrated under the same Business Manager, AND you need to be an Admin of both the ad account and Facebook Page. 

I don't see that specific issue often, but it happens. Let me know if you're still having trouble, daniel@growmeow.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello Sophia,

I have connected and disconnected my Facebook and Instagram pages just to try and get approved. Each time I get denied...can you help, please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
234 24 37

@wickedbombshell wrote:

Hello Sophia,

I have connected and disconnected my Facebook and Instagram pages just to try and get approved. Each time I get denied...can you help, please?

Hi, @wickedbombshell!

I'd be happy to help you out with this.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the Facebook and Instagram pages from your Shopify store won't necessarily make a difference if nothing else was changed. To start, have you reviewed the Facebook sales channel requirements? The Facebook sales channel will need to be fully connected and approved before you can get started with Instagram.

Please share your .myshopify.com URL here along with the link to your Facebook and Instagram business pages so that I and the Shopify Community can take a look and provide some feedback for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1
Hello Sophia,

Thank you fr your reply. Below are the items requested and yes. All of my
settings are good:

www.wicked-bombshell.myshopify.com
https://www.facebook.com/wickedbombshell/
https://www.instagram.com/wickedbombshell/

Help!!!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
234 24 37

Thanks so much for sharing those links, @wickedbombshell

From a customer's perspective, I can see the Shop tab on your Facebook business page and I see products there as well, so it looks like your Facebook sales channel is connected properly. That's a great first step, and it indicates that your products do in fact meet Facebook's Commerce Policies.

The Instagram sales channel may have rejected your account if it was connected at the same time as or shortly after the Facebook sales channel and the system didn't recognize the Facebook approval yet. I can see that your Instagram account is active with consistent posts and engagement, so I recommend applying directly through the app instead as this can override the decision you see in the admin. To do this, open your Instagram app and head to Settings > Business > Sign Up for Shopping. Let me know if that works for you!

0 Likes