Your store isn’t eligible for Instagram product tagging and there isn't anything you can do about it

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

ON the first page 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member
1 0 0
Please help.

My account has been approved for Facebook Shopping and the products show up there, but my Shopify account consistently shows that I am not approved for Instagram Shopping. I have tried every option I could find.

Any help would much appreciated.

Thank you so much!


Aisha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 0 8

@AishaTariqa wrote:
Please help.

My account has been approved for Facebook Shopping and the products show up there, but my Shopify account consistently shows that I am not approved for Instagram Shopping. I have tried every option I could find.

Any help would much appreciated.

Thank you so much!


Aisha

Hi Aisha,

 

Unfortunately, facebook tagging and Instagram tagging approval are different. You can get help getting approved here: https://growmeow.com/instagram-shopping

 

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 1

FRENCHBORN is in the same situation.  Facebook shop is working. Instagram Channel seems activated on SALES CHANNELS.

Yet no way to add the buy buttons on instagram.

Instagram is set up as BUSINESS PROFILE.  When we go to SETTINGS-->BUSINESS ---> we only see SIGN FOR SHOPPING --> when we click, we only get a  WHITE page, with very discreetly hidden "an unexpected error occured".

Please, help.


1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@Frenchborn wrote:

FRENCHBORN is in the same situation.  Facebook shop is working. Instagram Channel seems activated on SALES CHANNELS.

Yet no way to add the buy buttons on instagram.

Instagram is set up as BUSINESS PROFILE.  When we go to SETTINGS-->BUSINESS ---> we only see SIGN FOR SHOPPING --> when we click, we only get a  WHITE page, with very discreetly hidden "an unexpected error occured".

Please, help.



Hi, @Frenchborn!

Sophia here from Shopify. If your Instagram sales channel is connected in the Shopify admin and the Instagram app is just failing to load the Shopping settings, you will need to submit a report to Instagram. Would you be able to share your Instagram business page link here? I searched for your business name on Instagram but the account I found already has shopping tags on many of their posts. I'd love to take a closer look into this with you.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Sophia,

 

I too am having the same issue and IG won't even reply... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I just spent an hour waiting for Shopify chat and was told to contact Instagram help desk.  Really frustrating.  I have my catalogues set up on Facebook, everything is connected except when I hit the tab to apply for Instagram Shopping I get the same message - that it's not available to me.

I'm taking the Shopify Instagram course with Greta - but can't apply tagging of my products.  Any feedback is appreciated.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@wickedbombshell wrote:

Sophia,

 

I too am having the same issue and IG won't even reply... 


Hey, @wickedbombshell!

Due to the large volume of reports Instagram receives, they're not able to reply. Reporting a problem through the Instagram app does not start a support ticket that they will respond to, but rather submits feedback for their internal review.

 

You mentioned that because your store had previously been denied, your Instagram page will only allow you to appeal at this point. To clarify, are you referring to the Instagram sales channel page within your Shopify admin, or the settings in the Instagram app? If you're able to, please send me a screenshot of what you see under Sales Channels > Instagram in your admin (excluding any personal information like your username in the top-right). Thank you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
323 28 52

@simplehyggelife wrote:

I just spent an hour waiting for Shopify chat and was told to contact Instagram help desk.  Really frustrating.  I have my catalogues set up on Facebook, everything is connected except when I hit the tab to apply for Instagram Shopping I get the same message - that it's not available to me.

I'm taking the Shopify Instagram course with Greta - but can't apply tagging of my products.  Any feedback is appreciated.  


Hi, @simplehyggelife!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced such a long wait time when you called our support team. We're experiencing higher than normal call volumes, so delayed wait times are anticipated at this time. 

 

I would be happy to take a closer look into the Instagram with you. Do you have a ticket number I can reference regarding your interaction with our support team? I don't want to ask you for any repeat information here, so I'd like to take a look at the account first if I can. Thank you so much. 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Are you not Eligible for IG shopping
0 Likes