Zero risk shopping - payment plan

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all!

I am looking to create a 'zero risk shopping experience', where the customer is able to order products without having to pay the full amount (and shipping), try it at home, keep it and get invoiced for the rest amount, or send it back at no cost.

I am looking for a payment plan provider who has customizable payment plans.

Eg. NOT split payments like 4 equal installments (afterpay for example).

Example: I am looking for a 2-step payment plan: a 10$ fee upfront when posting the order, and if the customer decides to keep it, the total rest amount will be invoiced at once (or taken from on hold credit card information)

Does anyone has any suggestions for payment plans as such?

Very grateful, Thanks!

Tara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
458 26 72

Hey, Tara!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've taken a read through your post and I have a few suggestions that might work for you as a workaround. I'm not seeing any solution that is readily available that could provide your business with the type of payment functionality you're looking for - but you may have some luck contacting a developer or a Shopify Expert. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, photographers and marketers that you can contact and hire to help you with different aspects of your storefront. 

There are a few different options that you might be able to customize to get the functionality you're looking for. The first option I would recommend looking into is draft orders. You can actually create a draft order from within your Shopify Admin that would allow you to create an order for your customer, you could then email the customer the invoice at your own leisure and have them pay through your Shopify checkout. You can read all about creating draft orders from within your own Shopify Admin, here! There are also a few different apps in the Shopify App Store that you could use to create your own invoices. Be sure to check out the apps; Sufio: Beautiful Invoices, Easy Invoice+, Invoice Hero and Invoicify. 

You could use an app that would allow you to have a 'layaway' type of payment method for your customers. These apps would allow you to customize the way your customers pay for your product. Feel free to check out PUT IT ON LAY-BUY and Pay What You Want from the Shopify App Store. 

Another option would be to use a subscription based app or an app that would provide you with a custom payment plan for your customers. I have a few of these in mind that I think would be worth taking a look at: Split- Partial Payments, Partial.ly Payment Plan, Recurring Payments & Orders, Bold Subscriptions and Subscriptions by ReCharge

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi Tara,

I know it's been a few months since you posted, but I was wondering if you found a solution or app that you liked. I'm trying to set up a similar payment plan with my shop and having a hard time sifting through all the options.

Thanks!

Nicole

Owner, Cascadian Journeys

0 Likes