accept payments in multiple currency

Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1

Hello,

there is a way to accept multiple currency payments without shopify payments?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 12 24

Hi, @ archaon1989!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

Multi-currency is a great way to increase sales in other countries. You'll be happy to know that this is not exclusive to Shopify Payments, meaning you're able to offer multiple currencies through other methods.

Our Shopify App Store is a great place to find many different add-ons for your Shopify account. This includes multi-currency, email marketing, store design and more! I've noted some multi-currency apps below that may be of interest to you.

• Bold Multi-Currency

• Free to install and use
    • Bold Multi-Currency is the most powerful currency converter app with NO limitations, and it's FREE. It truly lets your customers feel like they're shopping locally, no matter where they are.
    • Uses Geolocation so the right currency is displayed always
  • Auto Multi Currency Converter

• Free to use and has 5/5 stars on the app store
    • 160 currencies added in one click
    • Automatically round prices to keep your customer experience easy on the eyes.
  • Multi‑Currency Checkouts+

• Free plan available, then plans start at $5.99/month
    • Multi-currency switcher bar can be customized so that it matches your website look and feel.
    • Detect the country of the shopper and switch all prices to the currency of the visitor.

If these don't seem right for you, you can view a full list of apps right here: https://bit.ly/2XbNliN.

One note I'd like to add is if you're unable to use Shopify Payments Multi-Currency, the checkout will generally be in the stores' default currency - even with the use of an app. This feature is actually been released gradually but is only available for stores using Shopify Payments at the moment or for anyone on the Shopify Plus plan. The ability to edit the code for the checkout is not available on any other plan unless you are on Shopify Plus.

Good luck with your store, and please reach out if we can help in any way.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Shopify is a great tool.. but doe not make any sense to be able for multi currency at checkout only with shopify payments.. Differents countrys have differente gateways.. So at checkout customer should be able to choose their preferred gateway and currency. Thats why im returning to wordpress, not the best but you can handle this kind of limitation.

0 Likes