activating store from being frozen

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello,

my account was frozen because I missed a payment. But after paying off the bill it gave me the option to choose a plan to re-activate the store but as I clicked "Resume plan" it did not work and a notification came up saying that I need contact support. How do I get my store re-activated?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
801 41 123

Hey, @trenagi!

Sometimes, this kind of error can pop up if there is an issue with the payment method you are using. Can I ask what kind of credit card you are using to re-activate your plan? Is it a debit card or a credit card? Or are you using your PayPal account to pay? Since credit cards are the most universal payment for online (in most places) in the world, this is the only card option we have currently in place to accept payment for our services. We are looking at exploring other possible options for the future to give you, our merchants, more options, but at this time credit card payments are the only ones we accept.

If you are using a credit card, could you check in with your bank to see if there have been any restrictions or security holds placed there recently? Just to make sure the card is in good standing and able to accommodate subscription billing.

Let me know how you get on!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 3

Hi @Ava 

I've got the same issue right now and my card has no restrictions. I've been using the same Mastercard for a while without having this issue. 

Can you help me reactivate my store?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
801 41 123

Hey, @Olivier7!

I'm sorry to hear that. Would you be able to reach out to your credit card provider to check if they have placed any security holds on your card? This can sometimes happen if you make a purchase your credit card provider does not recognize; they will sometimes place a hold on your card until you get in touch to confirm those charges. It may also be worthwhile to ensure there are sufficient funds on the card! This is also a common issue, as it can be easily overlooked. 

If there is no security holds on your card and the account has sufficient funds, you can let me know here and I can dig into this further for you. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this!

Speak soon, 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes