add design web link to footer

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Just launched first client's site with Shopify today! Moved them over from a custom WordPress site I'd designed and built.  Now I simply want to add a design web link to the footer.  I have been able to add my studio name and web address but cannot figure out how to link it, and open in a nbew window other than by adding it to a footer menu, which seems funky.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify!

I've had a look at your theme code and added a link to the studio name and address found on line 78 of your footer.liquid file in your theme code.

I also added a line break there to push it onto its own line rather than having one word on each line of text in the footer.

You can roll back these changes super easily if you're not happy with it, of course!

Just access your theme code in the admin (Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code) and head to the footer.liquid file in sections and click on 'Older versions' beside the file name at the top of the code.

You can select to roll it back to the previous version by selected a saved state from before today's (28th March) changes to undo my edits.

This is the case with any .liquid file (not css files) so you don't need to worry too much about making edits here as they can be rolled back pretty easily. :)

All the best with everything here and let us know if you need us at any point!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Thank you! I edited some more, added (target="_blank" ) and now I know how you create exterior links in liquid.  Great!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I really could use your help Don! I recently started importing reviews using AliExpress reviews which is great! However the problem is the app is putting all of the reviews on the bottom of every page within the footer, and there is nothing alerting visitors and potential customers to the fact that there is reviews if you scroll all the way down. I really want to add some sort of Link at the top of the page to these reviews within the footer. Can you help me do that? Or at the very least maybe I could add a link to the footer within my descriptions? I just can't figure out how to link to the footer. Thank you so much for any assistance!
- Krystle Wright
ShapelyShop.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Don,

I have the same question! I'm just about finished designing a site for a client but can't figure out how to get my design credit in the footer. I've tried placing: Website by <a href="https://www.scandidesign.co/">Scandi Design Co.</a>

next to the copyright info in the theme code but it's showing up as body text instead of header text and not including the link. I tried placing it in the powered by shopify field in the theme language but no luck there either.

Is there any way you'd be willing to help me out as well? I'd so appreciate it! x

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there 

just curious , did you guys figure it out? I'm having the same issue as well.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hi I figured it out.

So go to edit your site, add a page , name it add content then , go to footer, highlight the subject perhaps mine was About CBD (below/inside content) then in the content of about I added two lines (titles, subjects). Each line can be highlighted individually and once you highlight it will give you options to add a link, add a link(page /you created)  and you're done.

hope it works and hope it makes sense. 

Monica

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Nobody is responding. I posted a new thread too but nothn... Prestige's support docs and customer service isnt very good either :/
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey, yes that makes sense and thank you but we're using the About section so that won't work for us. I need it down at the bottom of the footer on the same line as the copyright info. Thank you though, that may help someone else who isn't using the About section! x

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Don,

Can this be done on a free theme? I have a drone store I am developing here: https://drone-outlet-oz.myshopify.com/

It uses the minimal theme. I have removed the Powered by Shopify tag, but I want to add: Web Design by Optima

And the word Web Design is hyperlinked.

Can this be done in minimal? I cant seem to work it our :-D

0 Likes