add video to theme, Debut

Highlighted
14 0 0

I would like to add a video to the home page in the theme Debut. If someone can please let me know how to do this, thanks so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 12

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

Currently, there is not a module in the theme settings for Debut to add a video to the homepage. However, there may be a workaround. If you created a page in your admin and embed the video on the page you can then add that page as content to the homepage. 

Hope that helps! If you need a hand with anything, just let us know. Shopify support is available 24/7 :).

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

1 Like
Highlighted
14 0 0

Thank you.

How do you add the page as content to the home page? I looked under Add Sections and it is not there. There is a custom content box, do I use that? If you can please direct me to some more thorough instructions, that would be great. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Was this ever answered? Tracy, did you ever find a solution?  I am looking to the same with my Debut theme

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

The 'Custom Content' section has a block that you can use to add a video from youtube or vimeo. If it's the only block in that section (delete the preset ones) then it will be fullwidth. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi all, thought I would post this here rather than starting a new thread...

I'm also in the process of building a site using the debut theme, and am struggling to find a way to add videos to the image gallery in the products pages.

I have videos embedded in the home page, which work just fine - but I really need to have separate videos for each product in their respective page(s).

Unless there is a quick hack (or update) that I have missed, has anyone written some code or found a work around?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I need an assistance on the mentioned query. Kindly assist

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/change-the-home-page-to-custom-created-page-45311...

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I found that if you add a slideshow, you can add video via a YouTube link as one of the slideshow elements, and then delete out the other still placeholders. Give that a try. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have found the newly added video section for the Debut theme. However, the video which is a YouTube link is not playing. As of now there is only a blue spinning wheel inside the store editor and the live website. Any suggestions?

0 Likes