adding additional Payment Gateway

Carolay_CO
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hi guys,

I have 2 payment gateways integrated with my shop:  2checkout and Paypal Express checkout.

I would like to add another payment provider. For example (and just for example) Stripe.

1. Can i add a 3rd gateway?
  2. If not.... will this be posible if I "Deactivate" one of the actual providers ?Can i have 2checkout + Stripe or only Paypal+Stripe would be posible 
  3. How easy can I switch back to a payment provider that i deactivated in the past ? Do I have to repeat the whole process like when starting the store?

thanks 

0 Likes
Freddie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 41

Hi, Mircea!

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help.

You can certainly add a third payment gateway, but it will need to be another external payment gateway where the customer is redirected to the payment gateway's checkout to complete the purchase, such as what you see with PayPal Express Checkout.

You can have one direct payment gateway set up, such as 2Checkout or Stripe, then you can have PayPal Express Checkout, then you can also have an additional option that is an external payment gateway. You can enable this by going to Settings > Payments, and you'll have this option in the Alternative Payments section to enable your third external option.

For a full list of which payment gateways are direct or external, you can click right here.

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any further questions that I can help you with.

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
veganly
1 0 0

Hi can I add stripe express checkout as an option for express checkout. Currently stripe appears only after filling in customer information.

0 Likes