adding product variants ONLY to collection

ECH_homebrew
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a new collection that pulls only certain variants from certain products into it using tags.  I can't seem to be able to do that though, it either adds all of a products variants or excludes them completely when there is more than one variant.  I've also tried to use some other rules like pull variants by title, weight, price, etc. but no luck. 

I am trying to do this as I would like to run a black friday BOGO sale for a particular variant (size) of my products using the ultimate special offers app.  I need to create the collection as it will only allow me to input products or collections for the offer.

Any possible work around for this?  I've searched like crazy for the last 24 hours trying to find a work around but haven't had any luck.  I understand that I can create a new product for each of a products variants and get it to work that way but I have a lot of products with two and three variants of each so that is not really a feasible option.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer,

Matt

0 Likes
Brooke6
3 0 0

Did you ever figure this out? I really need to do the same, but there seem to be no solutions.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3588 291 696

Hi @Brooke6 and @ECH_homebrew,

I was doing some digging and came across this post. There isn't a native solution within Shopify but there is an app which might be able to help you both out. The app is called SV-Variants on collection page and can be found here

Hopefully, this helps and the app can do what you are looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JosephAMichael
Tourist
5 0 1

Why is it so expensive?

It should be a one time installation not $30 a  month, that's ridiculous!

0 Likes