ads keep popping on the top on my store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, can somebody help me everytime i open my store the  ads keep popping on the top...

i tried already checking all my shopify apps how to disable/block them... 

Thanks

ads keep popping.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @iphoneairpods

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Community. 

I'd really like to help look into these ads further, so I was hoping to verify a few details with you regarding the popups you're seeing on your site. Can you please confirm: 

• Do you see the same popup/ad every time you visit your site?
  • Does this happen on both mobile and desktop view?
  • Have you tried to visit your site from other devices? If so, do the ads appear on these devices too?

Additionally, can you please confirm if you're running any marketing campaigns currently? Are you advertising your site or your products on any search engines, or on social media?

You mentioned that you checked the apps in your Shopify admin, as well. With this in mind, did you remove any apps from your admin? Which apps are you still using on your account?

Once I have these details, I'll be glad to help investigate this further. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @iphoneairpods 

Have you previously tried running Google Adsense ads in your store? There appears to be an Adsense line of code in your theme template:

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-2707465366713481" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

It could have been added via an app, otherwise it may have been included or added to the theme code.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Rae,

• no everytime i see different popup/ad 
  • yes on both devices
  • yes also devices from my friends

No at the moment i stopped all my marketing campaign but the popup/ad are still showin up...

Yes some apps i removed but some i did still use it like : 

EU Cookie Bar by Booster Apps, Facebook Marketing, google shopping, Kit, Oberlo, Page Speed Optimizer by Booster Apps, Push Notification Hero,
Ryviu - Product Reviews, Scalify, Seo optimizer, Smart Push Marketing, Trusted Site, Ultimated Sales Booster

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @iphoneairpods

Thanks for getting back to me with these details. Also, thank you for jumping in and posting your findings too, @Joel_K. The information you shared is really helpful! 

It's possible that the coding mentioned by Joel may have been added to your theme by an app on your store that was removed. Did you previously have any apps installed on your site that were related to Google Ads, such as the ones listed here? If so, please reach out to those app developers directly for help with removing their app's coding from your site. You can do this by following the steps here

Can you also please confirm which theme you're currently using? Have you tried to preview another theme on your site to see if these ads appear on this theme, too? You can preview a theme by logging in to your admin, clicking on 'Online Store > Themes'  and then scrolling down to the 'Theme Library'. From here, click 'Actions > Preview'  beside a backup theme copy. Let me know if the ads appear on this theme too. 

Please keep me posted on the above! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, i have reached some of my previous apps developers and ask them to remove the coding from my store.

Im not so familiar with shopify so i think my theme is : Prestige 3.3.4-18-apr-2019  ?
i did the preview from there and it shows again those pop-ups ads on the top... 

any other solution? 

@Joel_K thanks for the answer, can i just delete this red line? and click save? does this help or what can i do now?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @iphoneairpods  - yes if you can find that line of code in your theme template you can just remove it and click save. If you're unsure of what code you're removing it pays to select all the code in the template file and copy/paste somewhere on your computer so you have a backup in case you get something goes wrong. I'd be happy to jump in and have a look for you if you're stuck with it. Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 18 60

Hi, @iphoneairpods

Thanks for following up. 

Prestige is a third party theme, so it may be worthwhile to reach out to your theme developers about this, too. To find out how to contact these developers, please check out this link. You can also contact the developers directly by clicking the 'Support'  button on the right hand side of this page

Thank you for jumping in, sharing these tips, and offering further help, @Joel_K!

1 Like