&locale= in the checkout not working

csmits
Tourist
8 0 1

The language of a shop I'm working on is Dutch, and the user can change the language using weglot. Weglot sends the user to the checkout in the correct language by adding &locale=fr (for example) to the checkout url.

However, the checkout is not being translated to any other language than Dutch, even with &locale=fr, &locale=en, ?locale=de or any other language added to the checkout url.

When the language of the shop is changed to French, the checkout CAN be translated using &locale=nl, &locale=en etc.

But the main shop language has to be Dutch. So the only problem is that the checkout is not being displayed in the correct language using &locale= . Did anyone run into this problem before and if so, what can I do to fix it?

The shop is edenmagazine.shop

0 Likes
Nitin_Kujur
Shopify Partner
78 19 31

This happened for me also, but for my case, I had added languages at /admin/settings/languages since I was using langify app based translation so I deleted languages at /admin/settings/languages and then checkout "?locale=XX" attribute started working.

So looks like the checkout locale attribute doesn't work if we add Shopify languages.

0 Likes
weglot-team
Shopify Partner
21 0 6

Hi @csmits,

I'm Eugene from the Weglot Translate app. Happy to help you with this.

@Nitin_Kujur is right: Most likely, it is because you have Store languages activated in your Settings > Store Languages. You need to delete them to make the "?locale=XX" attribute work with Weglot on the checkout pages.

If you have any questions, the best is to contact our support team: support@weglot.com

Best regards,

Eugene

0 Likes
Pacifierbling
Tourist
9 0 3

not-translating.jpgI have deleted them but my checkout is still not translating http://prntscr.com/15z0tah

0 Likes