"Your cart has been updated and the items you added can't be shipped to your address.

4 0 0

HI, it's been the third time that we have customers have problem at check out with an error message saying : "Your cart has been updated annd the items you added can't be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order"

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 1.39.35 PM.png

It looks like it happens especially with big orders that have items shipped from multiple warehouses.
We tried to reproduce the error but there is no real logic on how this is happening, it just happened with 6 items of the same collections and removing one from the cart fixed the problem, then adding it again did not reproduce the problem. So random... 
We tried to change the wight unit as in the past we solved a similar problem changing weight unit fro Oz to lb. This time this is not working.

It's quite annoying since we have no idea how many times it happens a day and how many customers we lost because of this bug.

0 Likes
Excursionist
28 5 1

Good Day @YoshiZen ,

It is certainly frustrating that you aren't even sure why this occurs even though one can easily understand the error message.

I think it will be best for you to start tracing from your "Locales" in your shopify admin to find out what are the conditions whereby this message will be pop-up.

If you need further help, kindly pm me then.

Have a good day. Stay safe and be safe.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi there, thanks for your answer. 

However I am not sure what you mean by "start tracing from you locales".
Isn't there any sort of dedicated support for this type of problem, where someone from Shopify could have a deeper look into ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Excursionist
28 5 1

A brief explanation of my "start tracing from your locales" is that every error message has been pre-defined in "Locales". For example as below,

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 2.53.30 PM.png

When you found the "message" from the "Locales", try to trace back to your "shipping" whereby on what conditions that this message will be shown.

I'm not aware of any dedicated support for your problem but if you can wait for someone from shopify to help you out, you can do so then.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks for this explanation, looks like technical though.
Hopefully someone at Shopify can take care of this.

Cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
123 6 22

Hey @YoshiZen,

Just a heads up when testing to change the shipping address slightly for each checkout test (even if it's just adding numbers to the 'company' field or changing the customer's name). Shopify caches the rates at checkout, so this could be causing the error to appear/not appear when it actually should be. By changing the shipping credentials slightly, it forces Shopify to perform a new checkout calculation. 

I hope this helps you with troubleshooting!

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes