announcement bar showing in backend but not frontend

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi

The announcement bar has stopped showing on my site.  It is switched on and showing on the backend but not on the store front.  Has anyone come across this problem or knows how to fix it ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 26 41

Hi, @Ruby10!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

This definitely sounds like an odd issue. I'll be glad to help get to the bottom of this with you! In order to fully understand the issue, I'll need to get some more information first. Could you please reply here and let me know the following:

• Is the announcement bar generated by your theme, or an app? (If it's an app, please include the app name)
  • What theme are you using?
  • When did it stop showing on your site? 
  • Prior to it ceasing to work, did you make any code changes to your theme or install any new applications? 

I'm looking forward to hearing back so we can continue to look into this together. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi Ash
Thankyou for replying to my query.
The announcement bar is generated by my theme Venture and my store has not gone live yet.
It was working ok until I uninstalled an app, this app had nothing to do with the announcement bar and the app owner has had a look at my files and said that all their code has been removed.
If I preview my store from [cid:image002.png@01D641AD.62734F00] the announcement bar is showing

If I preview a product from [cid:image009.png@01D641AD.62734F00] the announcement bar is showing

If I preview my store from [cid:image010.png@01D641AD.62734F00] the announcement bar is not showing

When I preview my store from [cid:image011.png@01D641AD.62734F00] the announcement bar is not showing

Path when it is showing https://s1ttvswirfun52ag-36005838983.shopifypreview.com/products_preview?preview_key=ff325d4920a9bb5...
Path when it is not showing https://stitchandprint.org/
I hope this helps to explain what is happening. I am also having a problem with product discounting from 2 apps that worked before I deleted the app I mentioned, they are no longer working so it must have had something to do with the removal of the app.
Many thanks
Jennifer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 26 41

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ruby10!

I'm happy to help out! Since your shop is not yet live, I'm unable to preview it myself and test if the announcement bar shows up on my end. With that being said, if the announcement bar is appearing on the back end, but not when you preview the live site, it's possible this could be a cache issue. Could you please try the following and test if it resolves the issue:

• Check if there are any updates available for your internet browser and complete them if available
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies
  • Try in an incognito/private browsing session
  • Try in an alternate internet browser

If the issue still persists after trying the above, please let me know by replying here and please also include some screenshots of what you see on the back vs front end previews. 

As for the discount issue, it's possible that the above steps could also resolve that, but it's hard to say without some more information on exactly what the discount issue is. Generally when issues occur with third-party apps it's best to get assistance directly from the app developer, but please feel free to reply back here and elaborate on the issue, and let me know what apps are involved. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Ash

Bar is now showing and working perfectly. 

Many thanks for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 26 41

Hey, @Stitchandprint!

Ash here again.

I'm so glad to hear the announcement bar is working as expected now! Did the above steps also seem to resolve the product discounting issue you were experiencing? If not, have you had a chance to reach out to the developers of the apps in question and get some more insights? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi no it didn't solve the discount problem but the app provider is looking into it for me.

Many thanks for your help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
300 26 41

Hey, @Ruby10!

My pleasure. I'm glad I have been able to provide some assistance! I'm also happy to hear the app developers are looking into this discount issue with you. They should be able to provide some more insights and help you reach a solution. Please don't hesitate to reply back here, or reach out to our team if the issue needs further action from our end, or if any further questions or concerns arise. 

1 Like