awaiting domain transfer

New Member
1 0 0

I cannot figure out how to get a live person on chat to help. My domain transfer has been "awaiting transfer" for sometime now, over a week. All is good on the previous host's end, checked with them already. What should I do next if I cannot get in touch with anyone on Shopify to tell me what is lacking on their site?

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 87 136

Hey, @svbarron!


Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Shopify Community! You can chat with a live Support Advisor via the contact page here. However, I’m also more than happy to help you out with your domain issue. 


It sounds like you are awaiting a third party domain transfer to Shopify. Is that correct? We have a Help Doc here that goes over third party domain transfers. It explains that it can take up to 20 days for the transfer to complete, but from your customer’s perspective there should not be any downtime experienced. Additionally, there will be a number of confirmation emails sent while initiating the transfer, so as long as you have responded to those emails, the transfer process will continue.


As the next step, I recommend waiting the full 20 days to allow for the transfer to complete. If it still hasn’t transferred over after that time, please do contact us again (either reply in this thread, or reach out to live support via the link above), and we’ll continue to troubleshoot this for you at that time.


Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

New Member
1 0 0


I am also awaiting my domain to be transferred out of shopify to namecheap. On the NameCheap dashboard it says "Awaiting release from previous registrar". It has been over a week now and nothing seems to be happening. Please advise.

Clive Jackson

UN: crj007


My contact email:


Thank you