billing on monthly plan

Highlighted
4 0 0

hello, Shopify team. So I created a store a couple of months ago and I meant to close the store at the end of last month's billing period. I thought the billing period started the 12th of each month and I was planning to close the store today the 11th. but I woke up this morning and closed the store before noticing that I was charged for another month. I did not mean for this to happen. how can I get a refund because I basically not using the store anymore. 

thanks Junior

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1053 61 204

Hi, @Junior01!

To provide some context, our system charges the card on the account every 30 days. If a calendar month has additional days (31st) or less than 30 days (February), then you may your billing date fluctuate by a day or two over time. Our systems also charge in UTC, which can cause the invoice to generate before, or after an expected date, depending on where you are in the world. 

Given that your store was closed within 72 hours of the invoice generating, I would be able to process a refund. To do this, I will need to verify your account, which is done by sending an email to the email listed on your forums account. You will need to follow up there to continue the refund request. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey thanks for the answer. I don't understand the forum part. where do I find it? thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

@Peter 

Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't understand the forum part. where do I find it? thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1053 61 204

@Junior01 

I have sent an email to the email you use to sign in to your forums account. If you can reply to that email, then we can continue the refund request. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, Shopify team. So I created a store 2 months ago and I meant to close the store at the end of this month's billing period. I was going to cancel this store on the same day of the billing cycle at night time but it had charged me at 2 am. but I woke up this morning and closed the store . I did not mean for this to happen. how can I get a refund because I basically not using the store anymore. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1053 61 204

@Euphorictech 

Happy to help here! Check your email inbox for an email titled "Shopify Forum Support," as I will need to authenticate your account before I can review your refund request. Please reply to that email with the requested information to begin the process. 

Chat soon!

0 Likes