billing threshold

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick

Thanks for the quick feedback

Well I only opened the company online store in Mid May 2020 and received 4 Fee threshold invoices in May.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I just got charged because I made over $200 and it told me it was not my subscription fee in no way but yet that’s what they charged me for that and shipping label fees . If it’s not the subscription fee then why charge me that? Is it a way I can get out of this because I don’t like this at all I was not told about it at all and I didn’t sign up for this . I tried contacting someone since it happened yet no response and no way I can get in contact with an actually agent for help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3397 253 614

Hi @Van31,

From what you've said it does seem like a valid charge. You can keep track and on top of all charges to your store in your admin by taking the following steps: 

Admin > Settings > Billing > Upcoming Bill

Here it will break down and explain any and all charges to your store.

There is also a help guide Shopify has going through what billing thresholds are

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I am being constantly charged daily for fee thresholds and I’m not understanding it. It’s fustrating not to be able to speak to anybody can you please assist with this?

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3397 253 614

Hi @NyjahNoire,

It's really difficult to know how it's broken down for you without taking a look at your store. I have reached out to you directly to verify your store details to be able to take a closer look. If you for any reason did not receive an email, please let me know. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just upgraded my plan from basic to advance because I have been billed $90 every 2 weeks for the last 2 months becuase I exceeded my threshold amount. What is the threshold amount for the advance vs the basic shopify plan? 

Also, how would I get the financial services team to look at my account and review it?

thanks!

Chelsea 

Lue & Me Apparel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3397 253 614

Hi @lue-me-apparel,

If you upgraded your plan then the threshold will have gone up for you. I can't say to what exactly but you can see this in your admin. If you take the following steps in your admin you can see what your threshold is now: 

Store Admin > Settings > Billing and you can see what it is now. It will look like the example screenshot below: 

20-08-yhd6d-izw0e

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick,

Can you please reach out to me regarding my billing threshold? I’m still within my trial window and am considering canceling my Shopify due to the fee threshold. It is not clearly stated when signing up. $60 is a rather low threshold with the increasing postal rates. Is it possible to have this amount raised or my account credited for the first months threshold? I really like Shopify and hope I can make keeping it worth wild. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3397 253 614

Hi @KBess108,

Ah, my guess is you're still on the trial if your threshold is at $60? The threshold will remain at $60 until you select a plan and your first invoice has been paid. It will then go to $200 for the Basic/Lite plan, $480 for the Shopify plan, and $1,280 for the Advanced plan. This will be increased automatically when you select a plan or upgrade. I hope this helps and answers your question! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get more information regarding the fee threshold. I was just charged $205. What exactly am I paying for with the threshold? I’m already paying shipping per label, so once I reach my $200 threshold, do I pay the full $200 + any shipping over?

When a customer pays via PayPal, I ship through PayPal. Are those transactions also calculated into my threshold amount? I’ve read everything I can possibly find in the support area of your page, but I’m still not understanding. I have lots of unanswered questions!

I’m considering upping my plan to the Shopify plan, however, I’m not comfortable doing so until I fully understand the threshold. I cannot keep using Shopify and being hit with unexpected fees. I really enjoy your platform but if this cannot be explained, I may have to leave Shopify.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated! I hope you can help me work through this issue! I am a very small business owner so I do not have the income to toss money around unnecessarily. And I absolutely cannot afford the $300/mo plan.
0 Likes