billing threshold

Highlighted
Explorer
41 0 23

Is there any way to raise my billing threshold?  it's currently $200 and my amex is getting hit every 1-2 days.  the charge is fine but the accounting on the back end is annoying because it's a daily entry and then storing the invoices that go with it.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3391 252 607

Hi @ClearChoiceAqua,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There are a couple of different ways you can raise your billing threshold. One way to change this is by upgrading your Shopify Plan. If you don't want to upgrade your plan, the only other way to do this would be for our financial services team to take a look and review this for you. If you'd like me to, I can reach out to you via email and send it to the team to review for you? If so, would you be able to confirm the best email to contact you on is the one you signed up to the community with? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

How can adjust my billing threshold? I read another post that indicates that it depends on upgrading our Shopify plan; however, ours is the Advance Shopify.

My credit card is getting  $60 - $80 charges several times a day.

Is there a way to adjust that threshold?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3391 252 607

Hi @mikefoh,

That's definitley something our financial services can look into for you. I would need to reach out to you directly about this and verify your details for security and privacy reasons first. Let me know if the best email to reach you on is the one you signed up to the community with (no need to share the email, just let me know if that's the best one) and I can reach out to you and get the process started. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
The one that starts with Kari
Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3391 252 607

Thanks @mikefoh. I sent you a direct email there. If for any reason you didn't receive it, can you let me know in a reply here, please. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have something similar going on, but for example just today I purchased around $90 in shipping labels. It billed me $55, and then charged me a fee of $212 on top of that. Is there a reason why my fees are over 200% my purchases?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3391 252 607

Hi @SARANGPINS,

It's difficult to know what exactly went on here without looking into it in more detail. Because this information is quite sensitive in nature I would need to reach out to you directly in order to do this. I have reached out to you on the email you signed up to the community to do this. If for any reason you didn't receive the email, please let me know here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Nick

I have run into a similar issue with the threshold. I want to increase the threshold but not upgrade the package yet. Please can I contact you or alternatively contact me so we can discuss. Would really appreciated it!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3391 252 607

Hi @JohnRubidge,

I spoke to our financial services team who said, Shopify can review a threshold increase if the account has been receiving 4 or more invoices per month over the last 3 months. If you have been receiving that many invoices, we can take a closer look for you. Let me know if you have or not and we can take it from there.