blog button takes you to Wordpress blog - is this possible?

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi All,

I am tottaly stumped and need some help.

My online store is through Shopify, and I wasnt too happy with their blog, so I have just signed up to a Wordpress and I am trying to link them to each other. For example, on my shopify page I would like a customer to be able to click blog and it'll take you straight to Wordpress and vice versa.

Is this possible with wordpress.com? I believe there is a way with wordpress.org but unfortunatly I have .com

Also, is it possible with shopify to add this "link of sorts" 

Thaanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
41 0 7

Simply go to Online Store > Navigation in the admin panel and add a new link to your preferred menu, name it however you want, by Link choose web address and paste in the address of your WordPress blog

Martin Schwartz - Coding your dream to life - iconstudiosny.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks.

I dont know why I didnt try that earlier. I for some reason imagined it to be alot harder than that.

All sorted now.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 0 2

Hello Heather,

May I suggest an alternate solution.

Please check out my StoryBook ‑ WP Blog Connector app here: https://apps.shopify.com/storybook-wp-blog-connector

The app acts as a proxy, it connects your WordPress blog with your Shopify store. All WordPress posts/categories/tags and such are instantly available within your store.

You will find most of the WordPress features available, more we implement server-side caching under the hood, there is a good chance that your Shopify blog is way faster than your original WordPress blog.

Best,
Ionel

0 Likes