Solved

can I use multiple domains under the single shopify store

sarojpunde
Shopify Expert
10 0 3

I have around 4 stores for eu, fr, us and uk regions and all regions have separate domains ex: - sitename.region , all of them are using the same theme which take a lot of time when it's comes to make theme content updates, is there any option to use only one store for all of these domains?

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @sarojpunde!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great that you are wanting to use separate international domains. This is an excellent way to appeal to your international customers and expand your business globally.

If you are on the Shopify plan or higher, you can use multiple international domains on a single store. This means that you can have .eu, .fr., .us., and .uk domains all pointing to the same website. This should make things much easier for you, since you won't have to manage multiple stores and worry about having to manage products and inventory between them. 

When you set up international domains for a country or region, your products can also be displayed in the customer’s local currency and language. Not only does this create a localized shopping experiences for your customers, but it can also really help boost SEO

If you'd like to use international domains, you'll first need to upgrade your plan to the Shopify plan or higher. This will ultimately be a much more cost affordable solution for you, since you'll just be operating a single store on the Shopify plan ($79 USD per month) instead of four stores on the Basic plan ($29 USD per month, per store). 

Aside from being on the Shopify plan, there are some other requirements you'll need to consider before using international domains. You can review those requirements, and learn how to set up international domains through your Shopify admin, here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @sarojpunde!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great that you are wanting to use separate international domains. This is an excellent way to appeal to your international customers and expand your business globally.

If you are on the Shopify plan or higher, you can use multiple international domains on a single store. This means that you can have .eu, .fr., .us., and .uk domains all pointing to the same website. This should make things much easier for you, since you won't have to manage multiple stores and worry about having to manage products and inventory between them. 

When you set up international domains for a country or region, your products can also be displayed in the customer’s local currency and language. Not only does this create a localized shopping experiences for your customers, but it can also really help boost SEO

If you'd like to use international domains, you'll first need to upgrade your plan to the Shopify plan or higher. This will ultimately be a much more cost affordable solution for you, since you'll just be operating a single store on the Shopify plan ($79 USD per month) instead of four stores on the Basic plan ($29 USD per month, per store). 

Aside from being on the Shopify plan, there are some other requirements you'll need to consider before using international domains. You can review those requirements, and learn how to set up international domains through your Shopify admin, here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

sarojpunde
Shopify Expert
10 0 3

Thanks @Julie, my stores are running on Shopify plus plan but I'm not seeing options for adding multiple domains/subdomain, I don’t know how to add multiple domains, could you please assist me? Screenshot 2021-05-09 at 1.30.30 PM.png

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Thanks for following up, @sarojpunde!

To create international domains for your store, you need to add a domain for every country or region where you want to offer a localized shopping experience. If you want to use international domains that end in  .eu, .fr., .us., and .uk, then you'll need to purchase each one if you haven't already. 

If you've already purchased each international domain, you can add it by selecting Connect existing domain, which you can see towards the top of the screenshot you shared. If you haven't purchased an international domain, then you can do so by selecting Buy new domain.

You can also choose to use subdomains on your primary domain for each country or region. For example, if your primary domain is your-store-name.com, then you can set up a domain for Canada as ca.your-store-name.com. This wouldn't require you to purchase extra domains, since subdomains are just variations of existing domains. More information on this, along with instructions on how to set up international domains, can be found here.

That being said, since you're a Shopify Plus merchant, you have access to up to nine expansion stores for internationalization, separate physical locations, and other related purposes. Each store should already be included in your Plus plan.

As a Plus merchant, you also have access to a dedicated Plus Support team, so I suggest contacting them directly via live chat if you have any questions about your plan or need assistance setting up international domains. Since they'll be able to access your account, they'll be the best to assist. 

Thanks again for following up! 

sarojpunde
Shopify Expert
10 0 3

Thanks @Julie, the shared information has been most helpful.