can't decide to use Shopify or some other platform

Tourist
18 0 1

Sure if you have a ton of money and time you want to waste and give away for nothing, and want to spend 6 months with no sales, just to recieve tons of spam emails from other web services seo etc. because shopify gives them your email for profit. If shopify was legit then they would let you pay them a percentag when you sale...but 90% of shopify stores dont get sales. Thats why. But shopify will get thier money if you sell or not, thats why they hit you with all the unfront monthly fees. Shopify sucks and i will probably take my business somwhere else.

www.wheretobuybooks.com
0 Likes
Excursionist
55 0 9

LOL @ Richard.....shopify does take a % when you sell. 

"90% of shopify stores dont get sales" Doubt your correct.....but Im not saying your wrong, what i am saying is show me the proof of what you just wrote.

WizardPatch Custom Embroidered Patches, Over 300,000 patches in stock with same day shipping from Sydney Australia, suppliers to Biker communites, all clubs and organizations and to the film and TV industry worldwide.
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi all

I'm using shopify for one of my store. And it looks quite feasible. My only concern is that everytime you install an app you need to change the code in your templates. Not to say some apps will cost you much more than you pay to shopify.

I'm also keen to finding new platforms and recently had a try on https://sellbeing.com/ , which looks also a good alternative to me.

They have great design tools and can modify your store to your exact requirements. Meanwhile they look worth to give em a try.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi all

I'm using shopify for one of my store. And it looks quite feasible. My only concern is that everytime you install an app you need to change the code in your templates. Not to say some apps will cost you much more than you pay to shopify.

I'm also keen to finding new platforms and recently had a try on https://sellbeing.com/ , which looks also a good alternative to me.

They have great design tools and can modify your store to your exact requirements. Meanwhile they look worth to give em a try.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I agree about the email hosting - it's taken me ages to sort this out with my new store in fact I've had to pay someoen to do it for me. I can't understand why they just don't include it in the price or even charge separately for it another company I use does.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

@ibe- thanks.  I didnt know mailchimp offered popup codes.  I was using the one supplied by my theme ...

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 0

I know nothing about how to make a website and Shopify made it easy for me. Although it does take a lot for the cc processing fee + a monthly charge it's worth it. Lots of apps and free themes. I make $80-$100k a year doing minimal work on my website. 

My website is www.LiveFabulously.biz

if anyone can help me make it better or help me with SEO + google ads I would greatly appreciate it! 

LiveFabulously@yahoo.com 

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 5

Re the Credit Card fraud, check these two settings: In the Store Settings, unders SETTINGS  -  PAYMENTS _SHOPIFY PAYMENTS, there are a couple of fraud prevention boxes you can tick.  Tick them!  CVV Verification - of course yes. Postal Code verification is easy for someone who holds the card - harder for someone who stole it. 

Also agree with a red flag is a big order and express overnight shipping. Happened to me only once.  If there's no phone number, I hold the order until I talk to them saying I have a question. If they're legit, they'll contact.

0 Likes
2 0 0

My original site was on Volusion.  I migrated it to BigCommerece.  After a few months I migrated to Shopify (I have been on Shopify for 1.5 years now.).  I guess that tells you which one is the best in my oppinion.  Volusion charges extra for bandwidth when you go over their limit.  (Bandwidth can be used up by other sites crawling your site, not to mention having to keep images to smaller sizes and compressing them.) BigCommerce and setting up all the different options for products forced me to switch to Shopify. Shopify has its minuses such as not hosting emails.  No cost figure carried in product database.  On the plus side it is the easiest for uploading products with options (such as apparel). Shopify is excellant, even when you get to 120,000 SKUs like we have.  In my over 25 years of doing online business, I have used from high risk merchant service providers to Paypal processing all my cards.  Shopify's payments with Stripe has not been a problem.  But everyone needs to lean how to evaluate a High Risk order. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Don't use Shopify! Reports simply don't work! Unless you want to include what's been refunded! I even deleted the orders after cancelling and the reports were still broken! Use Woocommerce!

0 Likes