can you enable sort by date in the products page

Highlighted
2 0 3

I think I do not need to mention how many people here have asked for this function over years. it is very important for us to manage products from old to new and to find newly published products easily. I do not understand why shopify is reluctant to enable it.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 100 1708

Hey Feng,

You can sort by date on collection pages right now. Is your concern that the sorting is done on creation date vs publish date?

I also have to assume this doesn't apply to the store that's linked to your forum profile since that only seems to have a couple of products.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

Hi Jason, Thank you for the quick reply. i have 2 stores. the other one is a fashion store with hundreds of products. whenever i published a new product, i have to search by name to find the newly published product back so i can check and do more edit, which is very inconveniet.  i will try the collection but still i think it's important to enable this basic funtion without collection. It would be great if  products  can be sort by more charactoristics like publishing date, most recent edit date, sku etc . I am using another platform which allow the seller to choose whatever feathers they want to display in the product page and sort them by each feature, which makes things so easy for the sellers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 116

I wasn't aware of that limitation but that sounds like a reasonable request to me!

There are some apps that can help search and sort products like that, but that should be supported out of the box...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 100 1708

Right so this question sounds like you're talking about the Admin and not the storefront. The API has sort order built in. The Admin respects that order property as well (for now at least) but there's no button or UI to enable it - you will need modify the url.

For example, instead of:

/admin/products

use

/admin/products?query=&order=created_at%20desc

Bookmark that url and you won't need to worry about editing it again.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 116

Better Reports lets you sort products and variants by:

-Creation date: when the product / variant was created

-Updated date: when the product / variant was last updated / edited

-Publication date: when the product / variant was published to the online store.

Not however, that this is a separate report inside the app and you would still have to jump back to the usual product edit page if you need to make changes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
78 0 3

Hi Hulton,

Data Export can export reports to your email account automatically. It will list the recently updated, created and published products. 

Data Export is used by thousands of merchants to automate store operations.

If you have any questions, please contact me at john@dayspringlabs.com

Thanks!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason,

Is it possible to be able to sort by year?

@Jason wrote:

Right so this question sounds like you're talking about the Admin and not the storefront. The API has sort order built in. The Admin respects that order property as well (for now at least) but there's no button or UI to enable it - you will need modify the url.

For example, instead of:

/admin/products

use

/admin/products?query=&order=created_at%20desc

Bookmark that url and you won't need to worry about editing it again.

?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 100 1708

If we're still talking about the Admin, ordering by date will be ordering by year. What are you trying do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We're trying to find all products we posted on a specific year and remove them.

0 Likes