cancelled order not refunding full amount?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1426 87 315

@TAGSAngel 

Every theme is structured differently which is why some tutorials will work on some themes but not others as it really falls down to how it was coded. While I can fully appreciate the need for getting this added, and why it is important, this is something that would fall outside the scope of our support. It will require reaching out to a developer or creating a new post within the "Shopify Design" thread to gain assistance with getting this feature added to your theme. There are also a number of shipping calculator apps that you can use from the app store to get this added if you're having trouble getting the tutorial to work with the theme you're using. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
87 1 17

@Peter   the "shipping calculator" IS in the shopify design section.  that's where the tutorial is from.  Everyone that's using simple theme has posted how it doesn't work and that we would all like it to work but it seems those pleas are not being noticed.  That's why I asked you if you can just get the simple theme team involved.  Unfortunately on most tutorials people report that simple theme doesn't work.      I've had similar issues trying to get split description to work as well  I just gave up on that and gave it my own work around.  Simple theme seems to be the only one with the left menu which I think is why people like it. But it's code style seems to keep us from using quite a few things that other shopify themes handle easily. 

There really aren't that many in the app store that show the shipping price estimate on the cart page without any bells and whistles.  Plus, what happens when someone is using a vpn  the geo-location ones will "I think" not show a correct rate.  Or, what happens when the item is being shipped to a gift recipient at a different location?  It's much easier just to type in a state and zip code of where the item is going to be shipped.

If you can give me more direction to how to get this in the works, I'd appreciate it.  And I'm sure others would too.
Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1426 87 315

@TAGSAngel 

To provide some context, the Shopify Design thread is a public thread for all design-related questions that our Community members have. However; while there are tutorials provided in the Design thread, we can not guarantee that the tutorials will work with a specific theme, nor provide support on making the changes if it is an advanced tutorial. In addition to this, our frontline support members are not trained in HTML/CSS so I'm afraid I would be unable to provide guidance on how to implement and/or fix the issue at hand. 

I have chatted with our Theme Support who confirmed the issue is not with the Simple theme specifically, but the tutorial itself. If codes were a puzzle set, this tutorial is either missing a piece or it has the wrong puzzle shape for the feature to work. From what I gathered, the javascript within the tutorial does not mix well with the Simple theme. As it is an advanced tutorial, we can not guarantee that the tutorial will work with every theme, even if it is a Shopify developed theme. That said, while we can not guarantee that this tutorial will be changed to work with Simple or have a new tutorial created, I have raised this with the creators of the tutorial to see if the tutorial can be updated. If our teams are able to do this, then Ty will update the original thread, or create a new thread depending on the route taken. I completely understand that this update is highly sought after, however, we would be unable to provide a timeline on when and if this will be done as it is an advanced unsupported tutorial which may require that you hire a developer in order to have this added to your store.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
87 1 17

@Peter   Thank you!!  That's the most that has been done to resolve this (since as far back as 2018 from what I can see)!   There's so many cool things that don't work with Simple theme unfortunately.  Even their own related products results are unrelated and with no logic. But again, it seems to be the only theme that has a left menu bar.  Don't get me wrong, there's some other nice features in Simple as well.   Too bad users couldn't test / critique themes or give suggestions.   Although I realize that might open a pandora's box too.... lol    Most users certainly don't understand development logic, but a lot of developers don't understand actual use.  
But, I've been on that soap box forever, so I will step down now   lol
Again, thank you so much for your efforts.  Hopefully, it might actually make it happen!

0 Likes