cant add mx record to g suites?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

hi i am trying to set up g suite account but according to google, they told me i had to add all 4 MX records values in. 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/174125

but there is only space to add one, what should i do?Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 9.56.26 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, there. 

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

When it comes to adding an MX record you will need to go in and add each one individually. So you have made it to Online Store > Domains > Manage > DNS Setting according to the photo you have shared. Then you have clicked on Add Custom Record > MX Record. That's fantastic, great job.

After you click into MX record you will need to add the information for the first MX record and then click Confirm. That will add the first one in. In order to add all 4 you will need to repeat the same steps for all 4. 

Does that make sense? If you need more assistance please let me know! I am happy to help in any way that I can. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Have troubles adding MX record:
No Synthetic records section, where I can choose G Suit.
image.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 159

Hi, there. 

Where are you seeing these steps? It doesn't look like anything in the Shopify Admin. Are you able to share the link of where you're seeing this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

This was from Google.

I was integrating G suit to Shopify.
Now it works, thanks for your support. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 159

The link that you gave doesn't appear to be associated with Shopify from what I am seeing from what you shared. However, I did find this great link here that walks you through all of the steps required to connect GSuite with your Shopify account.

First, you'll have to go to your Shopify Store Admin and click on Online Stores > Domain. That will take you to where you're going to connect GSuite to Shopify. Have you tried out these steps yet? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have already set everything.

Thanks

@Dallas wrote:

The link that you gave doesn't appear to be associated with Shopify from what I am seeing from what you shared. However, I did find this great link here that walks you through all of the steps required to connect GSuite with your Shopify account.

First, you'll have to go to your Shopify Store Admin and click on Online Stores > Domain. That will take you to where you're going to connect GSuite to Shopify. Have you tried out these steps yet? 

for your support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 159

You're very welcome! If you have any other questions at all please don't hesitate to ask me. 

Have a great day. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I have configured the MX records on Shopify and deleted the default one, however I still cannot receive any gsuite emails. I have done everything to the T. Any advice?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 159

Hey, there. 

May I ask when you made these adjustments? When it comes to things involving domains and domain records it can take a while for all the settings to fully propagate. 

Did you by chance make these adjustments within the past 72 hours? 

0 Likes