capital loan

Ulalla21
2 0 0

I would like to pay my loan off faster. Can i make a partial payment towards my loan. I mean besides what is deducted from my sales.  ?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 69 207

Hi, @Ulalla21!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, congratulations on securing a Capital Loan! It's great to hear that you're in a position to make a partial payment towards the balance. 

You should be able to pay a lump sum by heading into Settings > Capital, where you'll see an option to Make a paymentWhen you make the payment, it will be debited from the same business bank account that's associated with your Shopify account. We also have information on repaying your balance that walks you through the process. 

If you have any further questions about Shopify Capital, I encourage you to check out our Shopify Capital FAQ. Alternatively, you can always respond to the original email you received when you secured your loan; that will go directly to the Shopify Capital team and they would be happy to answer any further questions.

I hope this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ulalla21
2 0 0
Hello,

Thank you for your email. I followed your instruction and unfortunately we are not given the option to

"make payment".

We still have 25% the remaining balance on this loan and the only option that is given us is " remit balance"

which is not what we are looking for.

I was chatting with your online support and was told that we can not make a partial payment on this loan.

Please let me now if you have any further instruction that would help us to make a partial payment.

Thank you,
Ula
0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
853 69 207

Thanks for following up, Ula.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get in touch with our Support team. Generally speaking, partial repayments can be made in Settings > Capital > Make a payment, but it sounds like you may not be eligible for this quite yet. As our live Support team has the ability to access your account details, the information they have provided in regards to your loan you would be accurate.

In this case, I would recommend contacting the Shopify Capital team directly should you have any further questions about your eligibility for making a partial repayment. You can do this by responding directly to any emails you have received from them. 

Alternatively, reviewing your Capital Loan agreement will provide you with information specific to your loan and the repayment structure. This can be accessed in Settings > Capital > Details and agreement.

Again, I appreciate you reaching out to our Support team! This is definitely your best course of action when it comes to discussing account-related specifics. 

Thanks again, Ula. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes