carrier shipping rates

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello!

i just opened a dropshipping store on a basic plan and i want to intergrate the carrier shipping rate at a monthly fee .how do i go abt it

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
431 6 30

You can add the carrier calculated shipping for a monthly fee at $20/month on the basic plan. You need to choose this option and contact Shopify support to enable this in your store.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 75

Hey, @tchinezy

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community!

HariKrishna is correct. You can add Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) to your Basic monthly plan for an additional $20/month. Please reach out to a member of the Shopify support team to activate it for you.

CCS is also included in the Advanced plan and any annual plan. If you are anticipating staying with Shopify for a while, you can save 10% on your subscription fees and get CCS included for free by changing your billing cycle to annually instead of monthly. See here for how to update your billing cycle from within your Shopify admin. Support will need to activate CCS once switching billing cycles as well.

Please note the annual plan requires payment for a year of subscription fees at one time, and is non-refundable. 

That being said, are you using a dropshipping app that requires you to have CCS enabled on your account?

The reason why I ask, is because when dropshipping, the supplier is responsible for shipping the product to your customers on your behalf. Therefore, offering live calculated rates to your customers at the checkout would not provide accurate shipping times or rates. This could be misleading and may result in inquiries and complaints from customers who expected their orders to arrive sooner than they do.

I recommend taking a look at the Help Doc on Shipping strategies for dropshipping, as well as Oberlo’s How to set shipping settings Doc to find the shipping options that will work best for your business needs. 

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes