cart hold

Shopify Partner
23 0 3

Phil, what happened to the app?

@SproutKey wrote:

Update for everyone... The app is "Real-Time Cart Hold" and it's available through the app store now at https://apps.shopify.com/carthold

I just release version 2 this evening.

Instead of the above email, I can now, and always, be reached at phil@sproutkey.com

Thank you!

Phil

0 Likes
Tourist
25 0 3
I’ve been working for over a year now on the follow up to Real-Time Cart Hold.

Much was learned regarding the theme integration, Relying on client side JavaScript and user interaction. While Real-Time Cart Hold worked for some stores, it did not work for all, and I was not satisfied as this is such an issue for so many shops.

I will be releasing a sales channel app as Rral-Time Cart Hold’s replacement. Though it’s a sales channel, it will live within your own store. You simply add a link in the navigation to point to it after it’s installed as a sales channel. Then it shows up within your own store at that link. This points to a list of products assigned to that channel as well as a special “secure” cart which is separate from the shop’s non-protected one. Anything in this cart is protected from anyone purchasing unless the hold expires. A standard Shopify checkout is created when the user clicks the “Check Out” button. Inventory is held until checkout is complete or the hold times out (whichever occurs first). Shop admins can set the hold time.

I look forward to sharing more details as this is completed in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience regarding the much needed solution to this issue. This is the real deal, should work for every shop solution. It operates using a completely different paradigm than its predecessor, and I could not be more excited to get this to you.

Thank you!

Phil
phil@sproutkey.com
0 Likes
2 0 1
How is the new version of this app coming? It sounds interesting!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
25 0 3

It's coming along great.  If the process of getting it added to the app store doesn't hold it up, it will be released by the end of the month.  I'll post everywhere letting people know.

Please email me at phil@sproutkey.com if you have specific questions unique to you, otherwise here is perfect because of the knowledge that gets shared.

I'm EXTREMELY excited to get this to store owner that have absolutely needed a solution for this for quite some time.

Thanks!

Phil

0 Likes
Tourist
25 0 3

ShoppedUP will be released tomorrow.  It's not on the app store yet, so to learn more about it and install it, please go to https://www.shoppedup.com/

0 Likes