change currency of my store

Highlighted
1 0 0
Dear,
I need to change my currency from USD to Euro because I've made a few sales... but I didn't. What should I do? Please advise.
best regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @Fouad_CHEMLALI!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand that you've made some sales, but wish to change your selling currency at this time. I'm happy to help out! Once a shop makes its first sale, we lock the currency selector for a number of reasons. I can remove this lock, but it's important you understand why it's applied in the first place. The main impacts on your store when changing selling currency are:

• Reporting: With flip flopping between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processed, that would show as $500 in reports. Say next day you switch to EUR, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. Since $1 EUR is not equal to $1 USD, the reports in theory will be wrong going forward.
  • Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if currency is adjusted and impact margins. Ex - $20 EUR, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.
  • Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing selling currency. If you're concerned about how changing selling currency will affect the apps you use, I suggest reaching out to the App developer(s) to clarify before changing the selling currency.
  • Gift Cards: Gift cards with remaining balances in the old selling currency will not work once the selling currency of the store has been changed.
  • Shipping: Any shipping rates for a store will maintain the previous currency and will not update automatically. After a currency change, you will need to delete the previous rates and add them back in manually to list them in the new currency.

Since actioning this request would require me to access your account, I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account for authentication. After familiarizing yourself with these impacts, let me know if you'd like to proceed by replying to that email and we can take the next steps together!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes