Solved

Can I modify my date of birth in Shopify payments?

kingston1919
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

trying to submit my documents to confirm my identity for the Shopify payments and apparently, my document doesn't match my date of birth on the system,

Where or how do I change that? i don't know how I managed to get my date of birth wrong but if that's the case, let me know how to fix it

Thank you

Alex

Accepted Solution (1)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kingston1919

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about updating your birth date in our system. 

Our team can help get this information properly updated on our end, but we'll need to authenticate your account first. To get started with this, please visit our Help Center, log in to your Shopify store, and submit a support request with us there. Then, our team can discuss this situation with you in more detail over live chat, email, or through a callback.

When you're speaking with a member of our Support team, please let them know that you're trying to submit documents to verify your Shopify Payments account, but you need to update your account first to reflect your correct birth date. This information will help our team get your query into the correct queue to be solved as soon as possible. 

Since this is the best way to resolve this situation, I've marked my reply here as the solution to your thread. That way, if other Community users have this same question, they'll know exactly what steps to follow to reach a resolution on their end, too. 

Thank you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kingston1919

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about updating your birth date in our system. 

Our team can help get this information properly updated on our end, but we'll need to authenticate your account first. To get started with this, please visit our Help Center, log in to your Shopify store, and submit a support request with us there. Then, our team can discuss this situation with you in more detail over live chat, email, or through a callback.

When you're speaking with a member of our Support team, please let them know that you're trying to submit documents to verify your Shopify Payments account, but you need to update your account first to reflect your correct birth date. This information will help our team get your query into the correct queue to be solved as soon as possible. 

Since this is the best way to resolve this situation, I've marked my reply here as the solution to your thread. That way, if other Community users have this same question, they'll know exactly what steps to follow to reach a resolution on their end, too. 

Thank you! 

dlarke
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Rae - We didnt take the date of birth thing seriously when we initially setup the account to test shopify. How do we go about changing this so it matches the CEO's ID? Thanks!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @dlarke

Thanks for reaching out in this thread. 

That's no problem. Our team can help update the birth date on your account, once you contact us directly via our Help Center. To do this, please just follow the steps in my previous comment that's marked as the solution to this thread. For easy reference, here's a link to my comment with the correct steps provided. 

Best,