changes in shipping costs settings not reflected in check out link?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

I recently changed the prices of my shipping in 'settings' but the previous rates are still showing when i click on the link during checkout. Do you have a solution for this? I've made subtle changes in this area before and it worked just fine. Your assistance is MUCH appreciated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
183 16 25

Hey, @ginamarie 

I just have a few questions for you to better understand your situation:

1.  When you made the changes in your Shipping settings, was it for a specific shipping zone? If so, what shipping zone was it for?
  2. Are these manual or calculated rates
  3. When you tested the shipping costs changes on your end, did you make sure to use an address that is in the same shipping zone as the one that was edited? 
  4. What shipping cost should be showing vs what you are currently seeing?

Please let me know and we can go from there!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Dirk,

Initially, the rates were for calculated rates. I went into my settings and deleted the $7.00 calculated rate and replaced it with a manual rate but it didn't work (i only deleted and re-added the $7.00 rate) 

here's what i'm seeing... (and please forgive my ignorance. this is ALL new to me) 

Screenshot (1093).pngScreenshot (1094).png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
183 16 25

Thanks for this @ginamarie 

I can't say for certain since I don't have a direct link to your store but it appears that what you are editing in your first image is Shipping Policy Page. That you edit by going to Online Store > Pages.

However, the link in your checkout for Shipping is actually directly tied to the Shipping Policy which is edited in your Settings > Legal section. Check out this area and you should actually see the old pricing which is causing the discrepancy between what you want to show and what actually is.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

That's it! I just made some changes in the Legal Section, and it worked perfectly! Thank you SO much, Dirk!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
183 16 25

I'm happy to hear that was the solution! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

1 Like