changing domain to an existing go daddy domain

lenamilinovic
2 0 0

I need to change my Shopify domain name to a domain name my client created on go daddy months ago. I know the beginning steps which I have screenshots here VScreen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.39.08 PM.png

But then I press next and it leads me to this page below instead of the page that EVERY SINGLE forum or video has shown.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.39.20 PM.png <<<what I got 

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 1.44.17 PM.png<<<what every video/help form has shown, and they always click automatically and then its extremely easy but with mine there is very unclear instructions on how to do it and I just need someone to walk through this with me before I pull my hair out. I've been with on the phone with go daddy for an hour already and they didn't know what to tell me because its Shopify. 

I need to talk with someone about this and not be directed to forums or videos because NOTHING is helping. Extremely disappointed with costumer service through Shopify. 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your GoDaddy domain. In your GoDaddy dashboard are there any A or CNAME records from being connected to another site? If so, they will need to be removed. 

What happens when you click 'verify connection' in your screenshot? 

Thanks! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes