changing settings in general not working.... not saving..... need to change store address and email.

Highlighted
3 0 0

It looks simple enough....... but to change anything at all and press save the progress bar moves a little then works its way along but stops near the end and stay there for hours. Tried all day to change it several attempts. Even just changing the unit system on its own with no other changes and it will not save...... again takes hours then just stops before reaches end. I assume this should take only a few seconds right? Is shopify at the moment unable to allow such changes? My shop is nt presently open on line yet at this rate never will be.

I am getting very frustrated with this simple settings change, it must I feel something wrong on the shopify side?

Really hoping I can get some help on this...........

thanks,

from sealed jewellery.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Tiny. Walter here from micrDev (Shopify Partner).

I have experienced from time to time when making a large number of changes and saving them repeatedly that sometimes a change does not get captured until the next save. However I haven’t experienced it not saving after multiple minutes, let alone hours. I presume you e tried refreshing your browser, etc as normal?

I don’t know what may be the problem, but I am willing to request access to your store from my developer account, make 1 or 2 changes and see if I experience the same problem. Maybe that will help you narrow down the source of the issue? If you would like me to try this for you, please send me your shopify URL in a private message.

Sorry I can’t offer any more help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 57 115

Hey, @tiny!

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting started, this sounds like an odd issue, which I can understand would be very frustrating. You're absolutely right that these changes should update quite quickly. I've checked in with our technical team on your behalf, and don't currently have any reports of similar issues. So, I'd like to go through a few suggestions with you that might help out! 

1. Please try clearing your cache and cookies in the browser that you're currently using.
  2. If that doesn't help, please try changing your account settings in a different browser. If you're able to make the change in an alternate browser, check to make sure that your original browser is fully up to date. These are the browsers supported by Shopify.
  3. Try making the changes in the Shopify Mobile app, or using a different internet connection. Some internet service providers can temporarily restrict access to certain sites which can cause issues like this.

Let me know if you're still having issues after trying those out and we can take another look together!

Have you already got your products set up and ready to go? Am I correct in saying that you'll be selling jewelry with this store?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hiya all,

Thanks to helping with my troubles.... I had updated the google chrome to the latest version and did the empty the history and cookies and everything else possible. I Used the live chat queued a few times trying to resolve it they told me the same advice in the end.

Nothing worked but I am not so bright and struggle as dyslexic here  so even when I ve done stuff correctly always question my self! I thought it was a shopify issue to be honest in the end, but then had the brain wave of trying to change the settings on my laptop instead (i was on my main pc).

I installed the latest google chrome on laptop first and tried and changing the settings it worked instantly! So after a whole day of despair at 8.30 at night the setting were changed! A little victory like that was more than needed at that point!

And yes lizzy I am making jewellery that is hollow into which we are able to put a customers contents into it and laser weld it shut permanently with a gold cap as a feature. The idea is you can put pets cremation ashes inside or peoples ashes or tiny items such as confetti from a wedding or little love notes etc, and be safe knowing they are not going to leak or fall out ever, product is fairly indestructible in normal use. You cant access to contents but its for the wearer to know they have it with them. They are made in shapes that are hold and huggable, engraving also offered for each item. I ll put a piccy below of a typical heart shape design below so you can get the idea....... 

Its a project that's taken us 6 months to develop and has positive feed back although is nt for everyone I guess! I am hopeless at promotion and being commercial and will probs seek someone to assist in that part but with business all on its knees around the world everything all seems uncertain. 

So I am very sure I ll need some more assistance soon to be honest i do have another brand on shopify but struggle to get any visitors to the site never mind sell much. www.tinybirdjewellery.com

Any promotion ideas welcome or input! Website online but not as yet live but fairly close to be let loose now. 

95179a0e-724d-454a-b612-e9bbfdffde78.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
468 57 115

Hey, @sealedjeweller!

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get the settings adjusted! Using your laptop was great solution. It's possible that your desktop may need to be restarted. I've found sometimes doing that with my devices can help with odd issues!

Thank you for sharing more about your business with me. That sounds like a lovely concept and something that I'm sure would do very well once it gets in front of the right audience. I'm more than happy to chat about marketing ideas. What sort of things are you doing so far? Do you have an idea of who your target audience is yet? If you need a little inspiration on how to get started with defining your target audience we have a blog post on just that, here.

You may also find reaching out to baby supply businesses, funeral homes or connecting with wedding planners to be quite successful. It sounds like you might be looking for people experiencing pivotal moments in their lives, and these are some of the businesses they would be likely to come into contact with in those times.

I also took a look at Tiny Bird Jewelry, you have a lovely site there! Am I correct in assuming that you make this jewelry yourself? I noticed a few clips of items in the process of being made on your Instagram profile. Have you considered creating longer form videos which show more of the making process? You could experiment with a variety of behind the scenes content as well as finished products and customers with their purchases! Instagram is a great tool for interacting with your audience, while showcasing all sides of your business. Plus it's totally free!

I recommend listening to this podcast  about how one business had a very successful launch after only using Instagram to market!

Let me know what you think!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 8

Hi @Lizzy , it's been more than two days i have been asking about does /collections and /products removal update has any possibility? or else not, your answer will help out in have a conclusion, but don't ignore as if you (i.e Shopify support) don't care about new customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

hiya,

still pulling hair out here! trying now to create a page template but again either on pc or laptop it just does nt load. tried switching of parental controls on internet provider and all other stuff. Updates various browers just nothing working at a total loss here! really no answers as to what to do.

tears now,

thanks,

r

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi

Unfortunately, this is something that only Shopify Staff will be able to help you with at this stage. I wish I could provide more assistance. I would suggest that you contact Shopify Support directly. You should be able to reach them through the Shopify Help Center at this link: https://help.shopify.com/en

All the best

Walter

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

i ve resorted to making new template files on my phone and naming them and the sections also then once that bits done I can alter and cut and past on my pc! I am pleased to say I ve got the pages now as various templates so I can have many differing options now with pictures and layout on debut theme. Hoping i ve done it correctly but all looks like its working at the moment. Be neat to put a map on the contact page so perhaps thats the next thing to work how to do unless anyone on here can let me know! thanks. x

0 Likes