collection not showing on parent menu

Solved
1 0 0

i have set up what is referred as a nested menu. I have a parent menu item with 2 submenu categories. I want the parent menu to show all products in the subcategories and I have set up a collection as such. The collection is linked to the parent menu item but when it is clicked it merely drops down to show the subcategory options instead of showing subcategories AND linking to the collection. (when i removed the subcategories and made them separate menu items the collection displayed so im sure that it is linked correctly) I am new to shopify I set up my store about 7 days ago I am using the simple theme.

www.shoenanigan.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 39 86

Hi, @ljones !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and welcome to our Community here. I hope that you are enjoying setting up your store.

Great question and thanks so much for sharing a link to your store, this is very helpful. I do see what you mean here:

21-20-xll0e-rybx9

As I understand you would like, in this case for 'The Diva's collection' to also link to a specified collection.  This is possible to do, but would require adjusting your theme's code. We have a little more info on this in our guide here

21-44-w1yp7-p59es

However, being honest this can in cases cause more harm than good from a UX perspective. This is because when the drop-down is present, the main link acts a button to display the drop-down menu. When a customer then clicks on the menu to see the drop-down options, they are instead directed to the collection itself and vice versa- when wanting to access the parent menu in the navigation only, they will be presented with the drop-down menus.

I do understand that your main menu contains products from both of these collections, so if it is something that you would like to implement, our Theme support can take a look into this for you. I have sent you an email to confirm your details. Do feel free to reply to me if you would still like to go ahead with the change. I also appreciate that the wording in our help center guide may be a little bit misleading here, so have passed this feedback through to our internal team too. 

As you continue to build out your store, you may also find the following resources helpful too:

I hope this helps. Do feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes