collection not showing when adding new product

davidneps
Visitor
3 0 0

I am having an issue to put the product to a specific collection.

I am using a free Shopify theme for a trial. I have many collections created and it shows in the menu and collection section as well, but when I add a new product, collection doesn't appear. there is only one option to choose that is home.

can anyone help me to get this issue fix.?

this is not my first time creating a website but this is my first time on Shopify.

I tried many different ways to fix it but I couldn't fix it.

hope to get some solution.

thanks..!

Replies 17 (17)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @davidneps

Hyde here from Shopify. 

You'll be wanting to familiarise yourself with the basics like adding products, making collections, and then connecting those collections to the menu on your store so that customers can access them. 

(Alternatively, you can learn how to import your products using a CSV file)

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions about this I'm happy to answer them. 

All the best, Hyde. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

davidneps
Visitor
3 0 0
hi,
thanks for the reply.
I have already created a menu and link collections to the menu, everything
is fine on the menu, but the problem is only ( when I add new product there
is no option to choose the collection) it only shows (home) to choose, in
the choose collection tab.
I don't understand why.
anyways thanks again for your reply.
davidneps
Visitor
3 0 0

hi,

I could fix this issue,

thanks for everything.

appreciated..! 

coastaltraderco
Visitor
1 0 3

Does anyone know how to fix this issue - when adding new product the 'collections' I already have aren't coming up as an option. I've tried contacting support but that's not going through either. My god maybe I should head over to another platform, not having much luck.....

Tech-Pro
Tourist
3 0 0

Did you find any solution ??

TGCSG
Visitor
1 0 1

I am having the same issue. How to sort this out please? What is the solution? Thanks

@davidneps wrote:

hi,

I could fix this issue,

thanks for everything.

appreciated..! 

Tech-Pro
Tourist
3 0 0

@TGCSG @davidneps @coastaltraderco yes I fixed this issue. If someone wants solution he/she can ping me on harry@fullduplex.co.uk

Sash82
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue. any solutions? Please

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @Sash82,

Hyde here from Shopify.

What issues are you having specifically? Could you give me a little more context so that I can better understand the issue?

All the best, Hyde.

Tech-Pro
Tourist
3 0 0

I am having the same issue. How to sort this out please? 
Regards: Harry Lott

MyEShoppingName
Visitor
1 0 0

When you add a product ,you should change the "Product status" from "Draft" to "Active",I think this will solve your problem

klassicdes
Tourist
4 0 1

The problem isn't making the product active, its about collection. 

I am having the same issue here. Have so many collections but on product page, it says I dont have any collections yet

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Ok, so as I understand it: you have collections created but you are unable to add products to the collection manually, is that correct?

If that is the case then the likelihood is that the collections you have created are automated collections and not manual collections. This means that products cannot be added manually but are automatically included because they meet certain conditions.

You can double-check this by going to Products > Collections and looking for conditions next to your collections:

01-24-32860-81258

As you can see, I only have 3 manual collections available and only one automatic. So when I try to add a product manually I can only see the three manual collections as an option:

You mentioned that you have a lot of collections made already, so perhaps you should become familiar with the automated collection process and simply keep your current collections automatic. It simply means that instead of having to add each individual product yourself, you can simply create certain rules so that they are added to the collection automatically as soon as you import/upload them. 

Could you tell me a little more about your store and your brand? What products are you selling and what collections are you organizing them into?

I'd love to know more in order to be able to help you better!

AvocadoShake
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello Andrew I'm having the same issue, and realised from your reply that collections which set to e automated will not be shown as an option when adding new products. So thats why the option of automated collections are not shown on external app when listing(importing) new products. Is there a way to switch the collection between manual and automate? 

Thanks

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @AvocadoShake

There is no means of switching a collection from manual to automatic. You would need to create a new collection and make it automatic and simply hide/delete the old collection.

I'm not sure I've fully understood the context of your business model. You mentioned that you're importing products, which I assume means you are dropshipping - is that correct? If so, are you saying that you cannot add those imported products to automated collections?

ANDAreco
Visitor
1 0 0

there is no collection tab, and i can't add anything to my spotify for artists page

klassicdes
Tourist
4 0 1

Has there been any fix to this because am having the same issue