collection page not working.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 2 0

Hi. I am currently developing a website which is selling sneakers, clothes and accessories. On my main menu, one of the items is "shop", which is a drop down menu which reveals "sneakers", "clothing" and "accessories". I would like all three of these to be a collection page (as opposed to a featured collection). And this is where the problem lies. In my code, I copied and pasted the code from "collection.template.liquid" (which is there by default) into my new custom section called "clothing.liquid". After I pasted the code and saved, I went on to my clothing page on my website and the error message "Liquid error (line 18): Array 'collection.products' is not paginateable." showed up. I have checked all of the code and there are no errors.

Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.37.29.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.36.52.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.36.42.pngI have checked my clothing page in the admin and it links to my template "page.clothing.liquid" and I have even spent 45 minutes on a phone call with Shopify support and even they were not able to find the problem.

For my sneakers section on my website, I am just using a featured collection (but this isn't good enough as I need a filter and a sort by menu and I need to be able to post lots of stock on there).

Please could someone help. It is quite hard to accurately explain the problem but hopefully somebody here will understand. I have attached some photos to help one understand a little more.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 2 0

This is an accepted solution.

Solved.

@dons wrote:

Hi. I am currently developing a website which is selling sneakers, clothes and accessories. On my main menu, one of the items is "shop", which is a drop down menu which reveals "sneakers", "clothing" and "accessories". I would like all three of these to be a collection page (as opposed to a featured collection). And this is where the problem lies. In my code, I copied and pasted the code from "collection.template.liquid" (which is there by default) into my new custom section called "clothing.liquid". After I pasted the code and saved, I went on to my clothing page on my website and the error message "Liquid error (line 18): Array 'collection.products' is not paginateable." showed up. I have checked all of the code and there are no errors.

Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.37.29.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.36.52.pngScreenshot 2020-03-19 at 10.36.42.pngI have checked my clothing page in the admin and it links to my template "page.clothing.liquid" and I have even spent 45 minutes on a phone call with Shopify support and even they were not able to find the problem.

For my sneakers section on my website, I am just using a featured collection (but this isn't good enough as I need a filter and a sort by menu and I need to be able to post lots of stock on there).

Please could someone help. It is quite hard to accurately explain the problem but hopefully somebody here will understand. I have attached some photos to help one understand a little more.

Thanks.

@dons wrote:

Thanks.

0 Likes