.com to .ca

Solved
Jesscraig00
1 0 0

Are you able to make a shopify.com account into a shopify.ca account. I am Canadian and didn't realize there was a .ca option, and in Canadian dollars its a better price.... trying to avoid having to completely remake my site.
Thanks

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 17 20

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Jesscraig00,

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

As long as your Canadian address is set up under your Shopify admin > Settings > General, then you'll be good to go.

Signing up through the Shopify.com website is still the same monthly price as if you were to sign up under Shopify.ca. In both cases, the invoice would be charged in USD.

You can review the details of your invoice at any time under your Shopify Admin > Settings > Billing > Bills.

If I can clarify anything further, let me know.

Getting your store ready for launch

At which stage of your store set-up process are you at the moment?

If you're still getting ready to launch your website, I recommend having a read through the Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist here. This is a helpful guide that you can run through to confirm that your website is ready.

Some of the steps mentioned, such as testing your checkout experience and double-checking your shipping and tax settings are important to go over.

If you're using the Shopify Payments gateway, you'll be able to enable test mode to simulate a payment. This will help you see the checkout process from a customer's perspective to ensure things go smoothly.

We're here to support you, so feel free to reach out should any questions arise!

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
marshb1
1 0 0

Someone at Shopify really needs to explain to its Canadian customers why a Canadian company with a street address in the nation's capital still cannot figure out how to bill its own citizens in their own currency.  It is unacceptable on so many levels.  A public relations nightmare just waiting to take flight.  

0 Likes