Solved

continue selling when out of stock

specialoutdoor
Excursionist
30 1 4

This is absolutely a  nightmare, On all my fishing products from one supplier my web designer put continue selling when out of stock!

You know no one wants to wait for what they are buying.  I just opened my store and the first two sales, you guessed it, I'm out of stock!

Can someone please tell me how to go in and uncheck that continue selling when out stock button in a bulk fashion because I have about 8k fishing products on my site.  I've read about how to hide products but that is just as confusing to me.

Your knowledge and feedback is truly appreciated from the old fisherman at Specialoutdoorgear.com

Marlin Hines
Accepted Solution (1)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @specialoutdoor 

You can use the built-in product bulk editing tool to make changes to your selected products in bulk. Including setting your products to allow overselling or not. I've recorded my screen to show you what the process looks like here.

Note: In the screen recording I hold the shift key and click on the first product, then scroll to the bottom of the page while holding shift and click on the last product. This selects all products in-between. That way, when I scroll back up and click on the checkbox, all the products check on/off.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @specialoutdoor 

You can use the built-in product bulk editing tool to make changes to your selected products in bulk. Including setting your products to allow overselling or not. I've recorded my screen to show you what the process looks like here.

Note: In the screen recording I hold the shift key and click on the first product, then scroll to the bottom of the page while holding shift and click on the last product. This selects all products in-between. That way, when I scroll back up and click on the checkbox, all the products check on/off.

specialoutdoor
Excursionist
30 1 4

Thanks for helping Dirk I really appreciate it. Sometimes there a few things left out in shopify directions.

Thanks again it was a big help. Marlin with Special Outdoor Gear.com

Marlin Hines
Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @specialoutdoor 

Happy to help! Glad that worked out for you.

Here is a great tip: Nearly every single page within your admin actually has links to our help documentation for that relevant page. These can be found at the bottom of the page:

26-43-53640-93647

specialoutdoor
Excursionist
30 1 4
Thanks for your help but I actually found what I was looking to do in the
Inventory section and got it done . I am still having a problem with a
private app that does inventory syncing. My inventory isn't right and I
have lost a few sales because of it . So I tread on in the world of my own
business!
Thanks dirk!
Marlin Hines
thefourthplace
Explorer
52 0 46

Dirk,

This is odd advice, because the linked Help page says nohting about how to filter by the field in question, "Continue selling when out of stock".

Is there a way to actually filter by that field in the Product or Inventory lists?

Thanks,

Ian

Ian Struckhoff
The Fourth Place
https://thefourthplaceforgeeks.com