creating Multi Language Store ???

4 0 0

Hey Guys, I am in search of solutions to my problem. I am running a Shopify store targeting UK, Germany, France and Spain. I want to set up Auto Language changing. I mean whenever a visitor from countries other than native English, the Language of store must change to their national language on the behalf of their IP address or something like that.

A visitor from Germany must see German Language on my store without changing the language manually.

Reference: Crictime

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @Imranjaffery,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

The best way to have your store in multiple languages like you are looking for is with an app called Langify. Langify has an automatic language detection where it will redirect customers to their preferred language automatically based on their location. It also has a feature which allows the customers to choose a language themselves should you wish to go down that route also. 

22-20-vgy4c-e8mrv

Something to note with Langify is that Langify doesn't translate the content for you. Other than having multiple stores each in their own language this would be your best bet. 

Hope it helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
1 0 0

Greetings Nick, in regards to your comment "Other than having multiple stores each in their own language this would be your best bet. ", can you please kindly elaborate? Although 90%+ of our business and users will speak english, I need to offer a version of our e-shop in French, as per our provincial laws, and I thought it was going to be as easy as duplicating my site pages for instance, translating the content and adding a "French" buton in the top menu.  For some reason, it doesn't seem to be this simple, but mind you, this is my first attempt at building a shopify store. Can you help me on this?  We launch in 2 weeks... 

Thank you.  P-A

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @PA_,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this, I was out of office. Great question! 

In regards to your comment "Other than having multiple stores each in their own language this would be your best bet. ", can you please kindly elaborate? 

What I meant by this was that the best bet for the original poster in this instance would be to use an app to translate their store other than the option of having multiple stores. With apps like Langify, it generally detects what country the user is visiting from and automatically adjusts the store to the language most commonly associated with that country, which is different to what you are talking about with having a menu at the top. Langify does also give the option to have customers manually choose the language they would like to see the store in also. 

13-04-abqjv-3pmx2

Langify would be the most common multi-language app in the Shopify App Store, but there are some others which you can take a look through to see if they are a better fit here also. 

I hope this helps to answer what you're looking for. If it doesn't don't hesitate to let me know in a reply. 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hello

Well I do have some questions about this langify app. We want to migrate to a shop with different languages (one shopify account).

1.  Does this app also translate the product titles into the shopping cart?? I have seen that this is a problem!
  2.  Which fields in the webshop will not be translated or cannot be translated at all???
  3.  Live shops with this langify app? Please give me the URL's....

Thanks

Example shopping cart

PetraKnipsel.JPG

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @petrazus,

Good questions! 

I completely see what you mean and took a quick look at the app description to see if this was noted. I took a screenshot of where this is mentioned in the app product description which you can see below: 

19-07-tvth9-11wjp

They mention that the product descriptions/ titles can't be translated through the cart/ checkout in this instance. 

For questions about an app like Langify, it could also be worth reaching to the app developers directly as they would know best about their own product. If you want to reach out to the Langify developers directly, you can do so at this email - support@langify-app.com. 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hello

Thank you..I wanted to be sure!

How we or shopify can solve this big issue?

For me and a lot of european shop owners this is a huge problem. So if there is no solution for this issue, we have probably to choose for other software.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Would you be able to reach out to Langify about this to check with them first @petrazus?

If they get back to you, and can't seem to find a way to solve it, I can reach out to our theme support team and have them take a look and see if it's something they can alter. But let's see what Langify say first as it is their code which translates in this instance. Would you be able to reply in the thread here and let us know what they say please? 

0 Likes
6 0 0

How can I contact langify? There is no email adress at their website...

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2174 137 290

Hi @petrazus 

How can I contact langify? There is no email adress at their website...

No worries at all, you can contact them from their support email below:

support@langify-app.com 

This email is displayed on the app description information page in the Shopify App Store. Not sure why they don't have it on their website. 

0 Likes