creating an email address with business name.com

Highlighted
2 0 1

Question: how to create an email address ex: sami@detourbooks.com that connects to my business URL Detourbooks.com. Is it possible to use a third party email platform such as Outlook?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 16 19

Hey @Keatseye 

Eunice here from the Shopify team. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Great idea! Custom emails help establish your brand and help with building customer trust. The two third-party email hosts we recommend are Gsuite and Zoho. You'll need to set up an account with either of these options to create your custom email and verify your domain. Once you've done that you'll need to connect your new custom email to your Shopify store. Here are the steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Domains.
  2. In the Shopify-managed domains section, click the name of the domain you'd like to connect.
  3. Click Use third-party hosting service.
  4. Select your provider, and then enter the information that was provided to you when you verified your domain:
    • If you are using G Suite, then enter the TXT code or meta tag.
    • If you are using Zoho Mail, then enter the Zoho code
  5. Click Save.

By the way, I love your business! I had a peep at detourbooks.com and just love the content. The tag line 'and don't forget the coffee!' really made me smile. Coffee and books just go hand in hand, don't they? Also, I love the link to the 'Friends List'. You may be thinking these are really two simple things, but as the customer, they make me feel comfortable and welcomed. I feel like I've just walked into a warm, cozy nook in the corner of the internet, filled with friends and books. All I have to do is bring the coffee.

But if I hadn't taken the time to look around I wouldn't have noticed how awesome your business is. First impressions are everything.  Have you thought about getting a logo?

Logos act as the face of your business. They’re a visual display of what you stand for, and can be used to promote your brand both online and offline. While Shopify does automatically generate text-based logos for you, it’s still important to have a custom logo to define your brand and make your store stand out from the crowd.

Getting a logo doesn't need to break the bank either. Use the free Shopify logo creator, or, alternatively, check out Canva. It's a brilliant free web tool for creatives and business owners alike!

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach me here, otherwise, good luck and enjoy the ride!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Eunice,

Thanks for your feedback and encouragement.

We have successfully created a business email account with Zoho. And I have to say when I was stumped at what to do next in the process of integrating my Shopify store to Zoho mail I got excellent tech support from a Zoho rep in India. It was considerably more complicated then then the instructions you sent. But between the two of you the process is complete. And now I can move on to producing my first newsletter.

Thanks again for your prompt support.

Sami

Detour Books