.csv Import error / Selected column types invalid CSV-Header: Missing Header: Title.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Aloha Community,

I am trying to import a list of only 4 products (so far that was all meant to be as a test). I am using three of my already existing pructs as I am downloading a .csv export open it within excel, add another line with very simple information of the 4th product. Afterwards I am trying to upload the .csv flatfile but it always shows me the following error message:

• Selected column types Ungültiger CSV-Header: Fehlende Header: Title. (german note)
  • Selected column types invalid CSV header: missing header: title  (english note)

The header exists (I left it out and filled it back in only to try), the formating of the data is correct, as well as the .csv is saved as UTF-8. I feel like being within a loop trying over and over again and would appreciate your help.

To all the Gurus out there: Yes the header has the correct form which is why I am not sure if that error message is the correct one.

Appreciate your feedback and support

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 143

Hey, @therealdendeman!

Happy to help get this looked into! Would you mind uploading your CSV file to Settings/Files, then posting the URL that is created in a reply below? This way, I can test the CSV on my side and properly troubleshoot the errors you're seeing. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi @Peter ,

thank you for getting back to me asap.

This is the super small flatfile that we've created. The final line is customized while therest is based on a former export of sample products.

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Daniel

test_import.csv

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 143

Thanks, Daniel! 

Reviewing the CSV file, nothing pops out at me that would explain why you're getting that error. In most cases, when a CSV file looks near perfect, and you still get an error then it's almost always a formatting issue. I copied and pasted the contents into a new CSV file which seemed to fix the problem as I was able to successfully import the file to my test store without any errors. You'll find the CSV I tested with here

Let me know if you run into any other issues! 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Dear Peter,

thanks a lot for your help! I tried to keep it as simple as possible to check the functionality. It makes total sense to me and I am very happy about your super quick solution. Are you using a spreadsheet-software to handel your .csv's, like excel?

All the best,

Daniel

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 143

@therealdendeman 

We wouldn't recommend using Excel tends to change characters when saving to CSV format, which can cause issues with importing the file to Shopify. I use Numbers (available for Apple devices); however, you can also use Google Sheets if you don't use an Apple device.

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 2 1

Hello Peter, I have the same issue.

As I am trying to upload my file it shows the following:

• Illegal quoting in line 11. (When I delete line 11, and upload again it shows illegal quoting in line 7)
  • Selected column types Ungültiger CSV-Header: Fehlende Header: Title

I tried what you mentioned but it is not helping. I think my settings are alright. I received that file from my wholesaler, so the file should also be alright.

Can I ask Shoppify administrator for help inthis case? Im new to shopify and usinfg this Community for the first time.

Thank you

Christin

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 46 143

@Christin 

If the file is provided to you by a wholesaler, then there is a good chance that it won't fully align with what our system requires in a CSV file. I'd recommend downloading our CSV template here and reviewing our detailed list of required columns here. If you're still having issues with your file after reviewing the template and required columns, then feel free to post a few screenshots of your CSV file (including the titles of the columns), so I can take a look!

1 Like
Excursionist
13 2 1

Hi Peter,

thank you for your helpful links.

In the end I copied my list to google sheets, saved and imported my csv to shopify. Then it was working!

Christin

1 Like