deleted products still showing in instagram shop

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 4

I have been trying to get this resolved for 2 weeks now. I have old products that I have deleted last year still showing up in my inststagram shop. I have deleted and resynced facebook and instagram over 5 times. That does not work. I also noticed that these products when clicked go to a 404 link on my site map. I have contacted shopify chat as well as facebook still no luck. I also see that a lot of other people in the forum have had this similar issue. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 100 360

Hey, @FevhrB!

The Instagram Shop option is a bit different from Facebook in that, even if your products are removed from your Shopify admin, they will not remove them from Instagram if you have posts tagged with the product. To provide some insight: 

The Instagram Shop tab is populated by tagged photos that the store owner manually adds, and Shopify does not have control over this section. It is not populated by a catalogue, but instead, by select photos that the store owner chooses to display via product tagging. 

To remove unwanted products from appearing in this section, the product tags will need to be removed from the main post. Instructions on how to do this can be found here: https://help.instagram.com/1277567429065588In some cases, there is a delay in Instagram updating this section to remove the older products, so you'll want to wait a few days for Instagram to process the changes. If no changes occur, you'll need to Report a Problem on the Instagram app: https://help.instagram.com/381579045265733 as this would be outside the scope of what Shopify can support. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 4

i have already done this still no luck.i untagged those images adn deleterd them from my instagram,  & shopify store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 100 360

@FevhrB 

If you've completed those steps, then reporting the problem via the Instagram app will be the best step to take as Instagram support would need to look into removing the outdated content. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We try since weeks to delete the products of the shop of our account Instagram. We have deleted all the tagged photos, without any success.

The problem is that we cannot close the shop, we cannot replace the products by new ones. So, that penalize our business. We cannot sell thought the Instagram's shop, we cannot promote our products via Instagram. We are totally blocked. And Instagram never answer to our emails. What can we do ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 100 360

@Pascal2020 

Regretfully, this would be outside the scope of what we can provide support on as we do not have direct access to the Instagram platform. You will need to go to Settings/Report within the Instagram app to report the issue as their support would be able to provide further assistance with getting this resolved. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 4

problem is instagram never responds to us. i have been trying to get this resolve for over 2 months. Kind of inconvenient when you  are paying for a service and can get no resolution. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3
I’ve been having this same issue for over 3 months. It is extremely frustrating to deal with. Do you think deleting my Shopify store and buying a new one would help??
2 0 0
All you have to do if you have completed all the steps and it is still not working is. Clear data from ig app in your settings. Then force stop it. Then uninstall before you go to bed. Then re install when you wake up. Also report a problem before you do all this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
All you have to do if you have completed all the yysteps and it is still not working is. Clear data from ig app in your settings. Then force stop it. Then uninstall before you go to bed. Then re install when you wake up. Also report a problem before you do all this.
0 Likes