does it make sense to advertise klarna instal payments?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi all, 

I launched my store for designer home interior items this summer and I'm not sure if its worth promoting the fact that you can pay via installments? Does it seem cheap? The prices aren't super high end. But a crystal caraffe costs 99€ and I have NZ wool blankets for 199€ - its more like affordable designer items for a well informed target customer. I'd like to let people know about instalment payments and i hope it will make some products seem more apealing and affordable. 

Look forward to your thoughts

Best, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 610

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Juliette_Nave,

Nick here from Shopify, 

I personally don't think that paying in installments seems cheap. It is generally done for more expensive items but can also be used for all. With your products being €99 or above, I think it's ok to do installments if you would like. 

A good way to make store visitors aware of this could be using an announcement bar. If the theme you are using doesn't have one built into it already then you could look through the Shopify App Store for one. You can see some of the more popular announcement bar apps below:

Something else you could do is create a page on your store explaining that you do, do this. You can see the page setup guide Shopify created for this here.

Hopefully one of these solutions makes sense for what you're doing and you can apply it. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Nick, 

thank you for your reply - I think I'll do a highlight on instagram and add it to my website. And I'll see if I can do an announcement bar on some specific, higher priced product pages. 

thanks again - really appreciate your feedback and quick response. 

Kind Regards

Juliette

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

@Juliette_Nave  - 

The announcement bars suggested by @Nick are a great solution. Klarna is also proud to offer our Onsite Messaging via the Shopify App Store - https://apps.shopify.com/klarna-on-site-messaging.

With this app, you can show consumers that they can pay later via personalized messaging on the product or cart page. And doing so may result in increased sales of the higher value goods you sell at nave-shop.com. 

Nicholas 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Nicholas, 

I think I really like this solution but I'm having problems connecting my shop to klarna. I need to configure mid manually but I don't have a klarna merchant ID as its through Shopify payments package that I have klarna. Do you know a work around for this? 

thank you for your help

best, 

Juliette

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

Hi @Juliette_Nave ! Great news that will help to show the installments at your store.

The Parcelamento - Installments APP now supports all currencies.
https://apps.shopify.com/parcelamento-installments

But you need a gateway/installments processor system to work, like Klarna , Afterpay, Square, Four, Splitit, Affirm, Sezzle, QuadPay and others.
The Parcelamento - Installments app works with all of them if you don't charge interest.

The Parcelamento - Installments app helps to show that info, that you accept installments and the price divided at your store.
Making the products more accessible to your customers and helping to increase the average order value of your sales.

But you still need a service who will process the Installments, like the ones I mentioned above.

If you have any questions about the app, you can contact here:
contato@appsecommerce.com.br

Or through the APP Page:
https://apps.shopify.com/parcelamento-installments

0 Likes