domain i cant buy

Highlighted
1 0 0

hy guys i m not able to buy domain for my shop when i process last i get EDIT STORE INFORMATION what i should do

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
507 42 110

Hey, @crypto!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Are you seeing any other error messages aside from "Edit store information?" Oftentimes, this error message can occur if your store information in Settings > General includes any special characters, such as accents or hyphens. However, you would likely see a message regarding special characters if this was the case.

If there are no special characters in your store name, then the other store information that can affect a domain purchase is your billing information. You'll first need to check whether there are funds available on your payment method, then ensure that your method of payment meets the following requirements.

Credit Card:

• Must be a full credit card (ie. not a debit/credit hybrid card or a prepaid credit card) 
  • Must be a Visa, Mastercard or Amex
  • Must be capable of accepting recurring charges in USD
  • Must be capable of making online purchases
  • The billing address in ‘Settings > Billing must be the same as what your bank has on file
  • No amount processing restrictions

Paypal:

• Credit cards attached to the account must have international recurring billing capabilities in USD
  • If using the PayPal wallet balance, the PayPal account must be fully verified
  • No amount processing restrictions

Aside from any potential billing issues, this error message can also occur if you are trying to purchase a Premium domain. Premium domain names are short, memorable, easy-to-spell names that end in a popular extension like .com. These domains tend to cost a lot more than normal domains, and have abnormal billing and renewal protocols. Therefore, we are not able to support the transfer or purchase of them on the Shopify platform at this time. 

That being said, if you are still experiencing difficulties with purchasing a domain after confirming all of the above, please feel free to respond here and share the domain with me. I'd be happy to offer some further troubleshooting steps. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes