domain names

Highlighted
2 0 0

I originally was going to start a shopify store on skincare called simply-skin-store@myshopify.com.  i changed it to a store about bulldogs Bulldog-Nation.com but i forgot to change simply-skin-store@myshopify.com to bulldog-nation.myshopifystore.com.  I went into domains but don't see a way to do that. Do i just delete the whole store? or can i have shopify change this for me?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 51 66

Hi, @Jordan4444

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community.

When you create a new Shopify account, a domain name ending in .myshopify.com is automatically assigned to it based on the business name you use when signing up. This domain name is permanent to the account, and cannot be changed. Therefore, in order to have the .myshopify.com URL be bulldog-nation.myshopify.com, you would need to create a brand new account using the business name Bulldog Nation when signing up.

That being said, because you already have a custom domain name connected to your simply-skin-store.myshopify.com account, your customers will never know or see that domain name, as long as Bulldog-Nation.com is set as your primary domain. The .myshopify.com URL will only be visible to you while you are logged into your Shopify admin.

If you do decide that you prefer to have bulldog-nation.myshopify.com as your account domain name, please remember to move your custom domain over to your new store before closing your current store:

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks Jordan. Another question is I created several names and domains that
I am not using can those be deleted or more important will I get charged
for only the primary domain? The others I don’t have any plans in near
future. I’m just trying to get one website going with one product as Dan
Vas recommends learning to get one item successful and then move on from
their.
0 Likes