e-mail set up

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have a third party e-mail.  I want to connect this e-mail to my shopify site so when my customers have an issue they can hit "CONTACT US" and send an e-mail to my outside address.  I have a basic Shopify plan and have tried to do what the tutorials have told me.  When I get to the domain section, there is nowhere to click to add the e-mail forwarding.  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
849 46 147

Hey, @Playmore!

Happy to help clear up the confusion here!

Email forwarding is only available to store owners who purchased their domain through Shopify. This provides you with an email that users can use to email in; however, it does not offer a full email service, ie, if you respond, it will show the email you're responding from, not the business email created with email forwarding. 

When you say you're using a "third-party email," are you referring to using services such as Gsuite or Zoho? Do you need to set up MX records to that the email works with the domain you've purchased?

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
I have a Reagan.com e-mail. I was hoping to be able to set up a “contact us” page that sent customer questions to that e-mail address via forwarding. Then when I replied to customers, I was hoping it would show it coming from my Shopify store.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
849 46 147

@Playmore 

Thank you for the context. While you would be able to have the emails set up to be sent to your @reagan.com email, It would still require that you use an email service if you want the email to show that it is coming from your Shopify store. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes