Why aren't new Shopify items appearing on eBay's ready to publish page?

Bilasaana
Visitor
2 0 0

The eBay integration is not working too well and is inadequate. I added some new items to my shopify store and clicked ebay as a Store channel. I then go to my eBay page in the Status section and see I have 176 products ready for publishing. I click on the 176 items and it takes me to the list of items I can sell on eBay. Unfortunately it is showing pretty much all my items except for the ones I am looking for:

1. Added some new items to shopify store and they do not show up in the ebay 'ready to publish' page. I have no 'publishing errors', and a few archived items in the the 'needs review' column. Why are my new items not showing up in the ready to publish page?

2. The filtering in the ebay ready to publish page is terrible only allowing filter by inventory or price. Also it is showing all my archived items. Don't really want my archive items showing up in ready to publish page.

Tried contacting support but their links send you in an infinite loop of technical despair.  And don't tell me to contact ebay I've sent them messages and never even heard back. 

Thank you

Replies 4 (4)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2779 440 566

Hi @Bilasaana 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums for support. I understand you are having some issues syncing your products using the eBay sales channel and that you are also having some problems getting a hold of our live support.

I know you mentioned that you have been in contact with eBay about their sales channel and haven't received much support for it, that's definitely not a great feeling. Our support is happy to assist in troubleshooting as much as we are able to and if the issue has to do with the Shopify platform itself, we will definitely look at getting that resolved ASAP. If the issue is with the eBay sales channel, and not the Shopify platform, that is something that only eBay support will be able to help with. They fully support and created this sales channel for merchants on Shopify to use and we don't have any direct control over the integration of it. 

That being said, I do have a range of contact options for the eBay sales channel, including a phone number that I will share with you here to assist you in getting support from eBay:

I also want to ensure that you have the steps for contacting our live support team. We offer 24/7 live support to all our merchants. To access our live support you will want to go to our Help Center and click on Support > Contact Support at the top of the page. You can also follow this link to open that page directly: Contact Support - Shopify Help CenterYou will be asked to sign into your store account and then you will need to search for your issue in the Help Center. You will be provided a list of related help documents and the option to contact live support will be available at the bottom of the page. 

If you are not able to reach our live support channels, please let me know and share a screenshot of the last step you can get to and the options you are seeing. If I can help at all through our community forums, please let me know. 

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bilasaana
Visitor
2 0 0

The friendly folks at Connect eBay (3rd party ebay support) responded back and finally got it all working. They weren't to interested in my filtering upgrade requests, but somebody did something and it all started working. I did encounter new errors when it all started working ie allegations of counterfeits and ebay posting limits. Connect eBay are counting each variant as an item where I have one item with 3 variants which made me quickly exceed my 25k posting limit on ebay, fixed. The counterfeit allegations were for using the word Popsocket to describe my Real Authentic Native American Sterling Silver "Popping Phone Sockets". Anyhow it all works thanks for the help, now if I could just sell something! 🙂

Thank you
ccl
Bilasaana
Where culture and Technology Meet

Neha_Rajpoot
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

Hello @Bilasaana 
The eBay integration makes it a tough task sometimes when selling from the store. Something that you can do to eliminate these errors includes going to the Shopify App Store and entering “eBay” in the search bar. You’ll find a lot of apps that specialize in the integration of eBay with stores. Go through the ratings, reviews, and app features, and then decide the app that suits you best. 

The best part is that most of these apps come with a free trial period that makes it easier for you to use and examine if the app serves your purpose.  I recommend you try using one of those apps as they won’t let you go through any of the problems that you’ve stated above. In addition, a few of the integration apps come with dedicated 24*7 customer service as well making it even simpler.
Thank you.!

tiwari_abhishek
21 0 0

In the context of integrating eBay with Shopify, it's worth considering third-party solution providers as they often offer more features and better services than native integrations. For example, CedCommerce eBay integration is a third-party app that can seamlessly connect Shopify with eBay and comes with a range of features, such as automated product listing and inventory syncing.

While native integration was convenient, it never had the full features and customization options a third-party solution provider can offer. By using a third-party provider, merchants can use specialized tools and services that can help streamline their operations and improve efficiency. Especially now, with the discontinuation of the native eBay sales channel app, you need to find the perfect and recommended replacement. The CedCommerce eBay integration app has received positive reviews from many users who praise the quality of its features and the helpfulness of its support team. 

Additionally, it has a dedicated support team available 24/7 to assist merchants with any issues or workflow queries, making their transition smooth.