eBay account not connecting

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3276 246 563

If you have previously connected your eBay account to a sales channel of a Shopify store, closed that store and have since opened a new one, your eBay account will remain connected to the closed store. 

It is possible to remove the eBay account from the closed store and add it to the new store but there are some details the Shopify support team needs in order to do this.

When reaching out to the support team about this, if you can please provide the following:

• Physical/ postal address of the stores’ account, 
  • The email address on the new store account and the closed store account 
  • The last 4 digits of the credit card we currently have on file for both stores. 
  • The store URL of both the closed store and the new store

This will speed the process up for you and help the support team. You can contact the Shopify support team directly by phone or live chat. To contact the Shopify Support who will be happy to help you out team click here!

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am having problems disconnecting my ebay account from my old shopify store. I have had to set up a new Shopify store as the URL was being flagged as spam on social media sites. 

I've pressed the button to disconnect ebay and i've even removed the sales channel from the old store but when i try to add ebay to the new store it says

The eBay account is already in use with the Shopify account shrinking-violets.myshopify.com. Please use different eBay ID or disconnect from shrinking-violets.myshopify.com.

There is no way for me to disconnect what i've already disconnected. i spoke to someone at shopify who said they couldnt do this and that ebay needed to do it, so i spoke to someone at ebay who said they couldn't do this and shopify needed to do it. 

please help

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3276 246 563

Hi @shrinkingviolet,

I took a look and saw you already have a ticket with our higher-level technical support team about this. They are investigating this further for you and once they have an update, they will be in touch via that email. It is already in the hands of the correct team! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I need to disconnect my ebay from my old store Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3276 246 563

Hi @Klassy,

I have reached out to you via email (the same email you used to sign up to the community with) to verify your store details for privacy and security reasons. Please reply to the email and we can take it from there! 

0 Likes