How do I confirm my email verification for domain purchase?

sunny03
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi,

I am new to shopify. I purchase a domain name yesterday and about to select a plan, but I don’t know whether my email is verified for domain purchase. If somebody tell me how to know that. I received an email for verification but I don’t know whether the process is complete or not. Now there is no banner of resend email in domain setting.
Replies 14 (14)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

Hey, @sunny03!

Did you follow the prompts to verify the email when it arrived in your inbox? If yes, and if the yellow banner was removed, then it would be a reasonable assumption that the information was verified correctly. You may also want to double check the other areas your email appears to ensure they are correct. 

1. Settings/General - Two email fields here
  2. Settings/Account/Click on your name - Check that this email is correct. This area is the email used to log in, and the email we use to authenticate your account. 
  3. Online Store/Domains/Click Domain - On the right-hand side, you should see Registrar information with an email listed. NOTE: This is only for Shopify purchased domains. 

If you're still having concerns on whether your email is verified, then let me know. I'd be happy to take a more in-depth look at what I can find out for you. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Fortnite
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Peter, 

so I bought two domains at the same time , and I only got one verification email. The domain that I got the verification email for is working fine.

But the other one still says ssl pending. The yellow thing to resend emails is no longer there. Is there another way to verify that domain? 

As I understand I can loose it if I don’t do it. 
Any help would be much appreciated 🙂 

Mr Fortnite 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@Fortnite 

That is strange! I should be able to manually send the verification email for you so we can get that fixed up. I've sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" to verify your store so I can help get this reviewed. As soon as you've verified the account then I can take a look into what happened. 

listhelabel
5 0 0

Hi Peter, 

I just transferred my domain over from Wix (listhelabel.com) and I got the transfer code, input everything and it said please confirm transfer by email which would be sent to my email address listhelabel@gmail.com

I have not received this confirmation verification email yet and I wanted to ask if it can be resent? How long does it normally take after the transfer code to receive this email? 

Thanks,

Lis

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@listhelabel 

Strange! I'll need to look into the transfer process to better understand if an email has been sent. I've reached out to you via email to verify the account. Please respond to my email with the requested information so I can begin the review process. 

listhelabel
5 0 0

Hi Peter, 

I am responding to your email now, I hope it reaches you. 

In addition, does it take time for a purchased theme (I bought Prestige) to connect and be viewed after a domain transfer? I am still seeing my old theme from Wix currently, I just wanted to ask if it switches over on its own during the domain transfer process?

Lis

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@listhelabel 

Your domain will show your previous website until the transfer process is complete. Once completed (10-20 days) then your domain will direct traffic to your Shopify store. 

listhelabel
5 0 0

Thank you so much for your help! I will wait it out to see if any issues arise. 

Should I still wait for a reissued confirmation email for verification? 

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@listhelabel 

Happy to help! I've received your email reply and will look into the account once I have completed my work here in the Community. You should hear back from me within the next 1-2 hours. 

listhelabel
5 0 0

Hi Peter, 

I just wanted to check in with you as I received the verification email last night and confirmed my domain. The status under the Domains page now says "setup in progress" and when I click on my domain www.listhelabel.com it says unavailable as I'm guessing it is now transferring my Shopify store and theme to this domain. 

How long does this process take in order for my site to be up and running once again?

Thanks,

Lis

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@listhelabel 

The transfer process can take between 10-20 days; however, from what I can see, your domain is now online and directing traffic to your store. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

listhelabel
5 0 0

Hi Peter, 

Thank you for getting back to me! It looks like for the most part it's working as listhelabel.com. My domain with www.listhelabel.com is still saying SSL pending right now, not sure how long that takes to be confirmed. 

I did get some feedback that the page showed 404 Error for some people on various devices. I noticed for some it worked when it was typed as http and for some https. I wanted to ask if this gets resolved when SSL pending is finalized?

Thanks,

Lis

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@listhelabel 

That is the likely cause, yes! If the SSL hasn't applied after 24 hours, then I would try removing the subdomain, then add the domain back to your domains section. That should kick in the process, and attach the SSL within 24 hours. If you're having any issues with that process then let me know as I'd be happy to take a look. 

TylerDurdan
Visitor
3 0 0

I used my Apple ID to sign up but it created a fake email address. So I can’t verify my domain. How do I change the email for verification?